Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Should I buy a 940SE Turbo

Views : 889

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 16th, 2005, 18:43   #1
Gape20

Hi ... the guy down the road is advertising a 940 SE Turbo 2Ltr 'Wentworth' for £1495. What does 'Wentworth' add? Is this good value - what should I look for? What's the fuel economy on this car like? Is there a better 'starter Volvo' for me as this will be my first? Cheers!!:)
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 19:37   #2
George Holmer

Wentworth is a famous golf course. Volvo sponsors golf, hence the link. The 940 Wentworth is just a equipment package which includes air condition and I believe full leather. It should also have four electric windows and electric mirrors. Fuel economy should be in the mid 20's and it is nice car with a good engine. The 2 litre engine is not very powerful but with the turbo, it does go very well.

1995 Volvo 945 LPT Auto
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 13:46   #3
Wentworth
VOC Member

Default RE: Should I buy a 940SE Turbo

Full leather and four electric mirrors were an option:

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Wentworth Option Pack Electric rear windows = Alloy wheels Leather-faced seats Metallic paint
Interior Electrically adjustable driver's seat -- CD autochanger and control panel Rear facing auxiliary seat (Estate only) Burglar alarm
Safety Driver-side airbag

Mine came with velour seats (subsequently upgraded) and only front electric windows.

Lovely car though. I average about 27mpg, mix of urban and motorway.

As for price, it varies with mileage, condition and equipment. Dealer parts can be expensive, so bear in mind when striking your deal. Post back for some opinions.

Tony will be along in a minute and hes not biassed at all... honest!

Cheers,
Paul.

1997 V90 B6304 sold @ 116k
1993 945 B200FT retired @ 206k
Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 21:16   #4
CharlesStevenson
Premier Member

I'd highly recommend a Wentworth - but the trim levels don't appear to be 100% standard so draft a checklist to ensure you pay the right price for the right kit.

Mines a wentworth - per the V5 but does NOT have the following
alloy wheels
metallic paint
elec d/s seat
leather
cd player

So therefore check carefully otherwise you'll pay over the odds

BTW the car's a cracker, vfm and for the size it is it pulls so well on A roads and motorways, bit wabbly round bends on backroads, however!

Rgds

Charles
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 21:44   #5
Wentworth Man
VOC Member

It's only me, the most unbiased wentworth Owner on the Forum :)

The Wentworth is indeed a limited edition model. What year/ plate is he selling?

Depending on the year yes there were a number of 'standard' options. Basically you get the turbo and limited slip diff, air conditioning was standard( no sunroof option)and it was mostly a 2 litre version although there was a 2.3 as well. So in summary, a bit like the 940 SE Turbo but you could have the sunroof with that.

Mine came with Metallic silver paint, Alloy wheels, 4 speed manual (+ overdrive) 2.0 Turbo, lsd and 155 bhp, all electric windows and mirrors (heated as well) and black leather seats, load cover and safety net, cup holder and carpet mats (plus snow trays) and rear seven seat option to which I added the CR905 radio (swapped out the CR708) and the 6 CD player. When I pull my finger out, I will have fitted the cruise control and the electric driver seat just sitting in the garage nagging. I'm getting 27 mpg at the moment but that is probably all the options I keep adding.

Only downside was the lack of remote locking/ Volvoguard alarm, lowering kit and rear spoiler - still looking.

Would I buy one again? - oh yes, I love that LSD and turbo and it is a better spec than most and just a bit 'limited edition' although I would like a late 940 Turbo. Is it any different to any other 940? - not much different to the 940 SE or 940 Turbo. You pays your money, you makes your choice....and when I look at what I have to pay for as extrason a new Volvo, I might just keep mine running, she has only done 117k :)

Where in London are you located?

Tony
'92 945 S 150K

The Moon is 238857 miles distant from the Earth so I've been to the moon and back in mine...and it only took me 14 years!
Wentworth Man is offline   Reply With Quote