Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 765 Turbo Intercooler Estate sale

Views : 7010

Replies : 49

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 25th, 2016, 09:36   #21
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

I'm sorry to say this, but I agree with what has been said. I paid £1200 for my current 940 Torslanda and apart from a few items having to be done, it is an exceptionally nice 2 owner low mileage vehicle. With the interior needing replacement as a minimum, I'd value yours at £500 tops. Yes the 760 Turbos are getting rare, but not that rare to command such a high price for what is essentially a project.

Hopefully someone on here will be able to save it, as I'm also of a view that this car should be saved not scrapped, but your price needs to be more realistic - its certainly worth far more in parts than as a whole in its current condition.
RollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2016, 09:33   #22
kalstras
Volvo for life

Hi again, no I'm not asking 1200 for the car. I was saying that the generous offer was from someone that was going to part it out and scrap the rest (something my wife was horrified about)
In 2010 we were going to give it up at that offer of 2k for scrap and get a new NEW V70 but he said straight out, "It would go to the fire dept" for practice.

We ducked out of the offer for the scrap word was mentioned again.

We would love to get what we paid for it but totally unreasonable thought process. What we want is someone to offer our 760 a new home, and for that we would accept reasonable offers for which you have already stated.

Lastly, No I am not withholding photos, I am lazy and just haven't got to taking more. The car needs interiors (it isnt good in there) but mechanically it is sound and I even got the turbo and the overdrive to kick in the other day so "All is not lost"

Speak soon
Kirt
The Following User Says Thank You to kalstras For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 27th, 2016, 12:38   #23
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Ah I see, completely misunderstood you sorry!

If I had the space and the spare cash I'd certainly consider it, but I have 4x cars already, 2 of which I've promised the wife-to-be I'll sell asap, so the upcoming wedding would be in serious jeopardy if I took this one on as well

I'm sure there are many like minded people about though - if you clarify your asking price and post some pics I'm sure you'll get more interest.

GLWTS
RollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 27th, 2016, 17:10   #24
irish boy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalstras View Post
Hi again, no I'm not asking 1200 for the car. I was saying that the generous offer was from someone that was going to part it out and scrap the rest (something my wife was horrified about)
In 2010 we were going to give it up at that offer of 2k for scrap and get a new NEW V70 but he said straight out, "It would go to the fire dept" for practice.

We ducked out of the offer for the scrap word was mentioned again.

We would love to get what we paid for it but totally unreasonable thought process. What we want is someone to offer our 760 a new home, and for that we would accept reasonable offers for which you have already stated.

Lastly, No I am not withholding photos, I am lazy and just haven't got to taking more. The car needs interiors (it isnt good in there) but mechanically it is sound and I even got the turbo and the overdrive to kick in the other day so "All is not lost"

Speak soon
Kirt

Good to see someone putting their money where their mouth is when it comes to seeing their car go to the right home.

I hope it goes to someone who puts time and effort to getting it back to its former glory.
irish boy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to irish boy For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 3rd, 2018, 13:36   #25
kalstras
Volvo for life

Smile

Hi, We are Now in the market to SELL our lovely family heirloom (Volvo 765 Turbo Intercooler) so... offers again?

We understand all of the needs and requirements this particular car has. The reason we wished it restored is, this was a directors car and it had EVERYTHING on it back then even a cellular phone (still in the car)

BUT as it was my mother in laws car and is a "Made in Sweden" version car, its extra-special to us.

SO without further ado...

For SALE!

This care is rated SORN as we cant afford to run three (2 drivers) and I m too young to have the time to do whats needed to it (sadly)

it isn't for sale anywhere but here either

Last edited by kalstras; Jan 3rd, 2018 at 13:37. Reason: spelling
kalstras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2018, 18:52   #26
Foggys940

Quote:
Hi, We are Now in the market to SELL our lovely family heirloom (Volvo 765 Turbo Intercooler) so... offers again?

We understand all of the needs and requirements this particular car has. The reason we wished it restored is, this was a directors car and it had EVERYTHING on it back then even a cellular phone (still in the car)

BUT as it was my mother in laws car and is a "Made in Sweden" version car, its extra-special to us.

SO without further ado...

For SALE!

This care is rated SORN as we cant afford to run three (2 drivers) and I m too young to have the time to do whats needed to it (sadly)

it isn't for sale anywhere but here either
Potentially interested in the 760, is there anyway of getting in contact with you?
Foggys940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2018, 13:41   #27
kalstras
Volvo for life

Default Contact

Drtoe@mail.com or 07719289239
The Following User Says Thank You to kalstras For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2018, 13:00   #28
kalstras
Volvo for life

Smile addendum

We just wanted to say, this car is now SORN as we cant afford three running vehicles and storage isn't an option. The 760 passed its last MOT so it was running before we switched it off late last year (November I think)

Also I'm too young to have the time to restore it as I begrudgingly still have to work and retirement is too far away to hold on until... so we are sadly forced to sell.

We also want it to go where it will be loved (either as a whole, or for it's parts)

We are considering ALL reasonable offers too

Thanks for looking
Kal
Old Jan 5th, 2018, 15:49   #29
volvoid
Monster Raving Loony

4 star ! now theres a proper car. Does it have hardened valve seats ? Some lead-replacement additive might be a good idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to volvoid For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 3rd, 2018, 09:12   #30
kalstras
Volvo for life

Default 760 turbo pre catalyst for sale OFFER!

We still have this car, not actively FOR SALE. But as of NOW it is. My wife is ready for my future project to go sadly. So, without further ado? FOR SALE ONE CHERISHED VOLVO 760 Turbo

Quote:
Hi again,
It's an F reg White Volvo 760(765) Turbo Intercooler with an old 4STAR petrol engine pre-catalytic converter
Auto Gearbox
The turbo is failing
The AC works but there is a leak so it hasn't been used in about 7yrs
It has 209k+ original miles
it was fitted with a factory mobile phone (still in car)
Stereo no longer works
Sunroof needs new motor
Driver wing mirror working but needs repair (new glass)
Full winter pack with wipers on the headlamps
All alloys including the spare
it's an old car that has been slowly let go to our newer cars but still drives lovely and is very comfortable for our dogs and other "rough" duties.
It has 200k miles on the interior as well :O (very bad at the moment)
Oh and it has a fully functioning tow bar but we have never towed (the previous owner (1) did tow, which is why we replaced the rear suspension at about 150k miles
We use Tesco 99 octane petrol just fine
VIN starts with YV1765865k0027***
Current MOT and Tax and yes it drives lovely

I'm still awaiting Xzibit and the gang to come round and "Pimp my Ride" but I don't think that will happen somehow haha

I have no price in mind except that it would be nice to think it was still worth more to someone than just scrap (Volvo Dealers)
The car is currently residing in the South of England and awaits a new home (what ever is paid)
Kirt

Tags
760 turbo, volvo 760, volvo estate