Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Seat Clicks

Views : 722

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 28th, 2014, 13:13   #1
NickHoward

Default Seat Clicks

Afternoon you knowledgable lot.

Before I take my car in tomorrow, I thought I'd see if others have come across a similar situation.

My new XC60 MY 14.5 has developed a clicking in the drivers seat. It sounds like the non electric seat clicks (when you slide into place), but my seats are electric.

It only happens when I go around a left corner (body slides to the right), or with quick acceleration (body pushes back against the chair).

It's very annoying as it is almost every left corner!

Anyone else come across similar?

Past:MY15 XC60 D4 R-Design Lux Nav, Black
NickHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 18:42   #2
kdscot

Hi, I had a similar sort of click on the electric drivers seat of my V70. Never got to the cause of it, I always thought it was from when a Landrover Defender crashed into the back of it.

Will be interested to hear the cause.
kdscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 23:39   #3
8ig steve

Mine does this when it feels like it, hope you find the solution
8ig steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 11:52   #4
NickHoward

I'm not going to lie, I feel pretty aggrieved with the dealer who had my car in for the seat clicking issue (note - not the dealer that sold me the car in the first place).

The first time I went in, they said I could wait whilst they look at it. 45 mins later, they tell me its fixed..... As soon as I get back in the car and adjust the seat to memory position 1, the clicking starts happening again. I already knew that moving the seat can make the clicking stop, but it's not really a solution!

They then tell me I will have to rebook with them for the following week (quite annoying considering I was already booked in with them for that day!). The reason is "we need to order the parts". I'm slightly dubious about this, because they haven't actually told me what's wrong, especially as they thought they had fixed it.....

Anyway, yesterday was the day for the second visit. As I was going to be in London all day, it wasn't too much of an issue leaving the car with them. I get a call at 14:00 saying the car is fixed and good to go - Perfect. I ring up again just to make sure the chair hasn't been moved and thats what's making the clicking stop. They assure me it's not that and all is fine.

Imagine my comical annoyance when I sit back in, adjust to memory 1 and the clicking happens straight away.

When I ask what they have actually been doing all day - "We greased the rollers as per Volvos instructions" - Useless! This is all AFTER I've been assured it's been signed off by their chief engineer who has the best eye for detail supposedly.

Well.... When said chief engineer comes over, I discover he HASN'T has anything to do with the car (either time), and he was "almost 100%" sure that it was the rollers that needed changing (this was after hearing the clicks first hand).

Why on earth could that not have happened a week ago when I first took it in?

Am I being unreasonably angry that they are only now ordering the parts in? - After having the car and unsuccessfully fixing it twice without actually replacing anything?!

Old Jun 7th, 2014, 12:36   #5
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHoward View Post

Am I being unreasonably angry that they are only now ordering the parts in? - After having the car and unsuccessfully fixing it twice without actually replacing anything?!
I think you are being reasonable tbh, as the bit I have made bold says it all really.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 16:09   #6
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHoward View Post
I'm not going to lie, I feel pretty aggrieved with the dealer who had my car in for the seat clicking issue (note - not the dealer that sold me the car in the first place).

The first time I went in, they said I could wait whilst they look at it. 45 mins later, they tell me its fixed..... As soon as I get back in the car and adjust the seat to memory position 1, the clicking starts happening again. I already knew that moving the seat can make the clicking stop, but it's not really a solution!

They then tell me I will have to rebook with them for the following week (quite annoying considering I was already booked in with them for that day!). The reason is "we need to order the parts". I'm slightly dubious about this, because they haven't actually told me what's wrong, especially as they thought they had fixed it.....

Anyway, yesterday was the day for the second visit. As I was going to be in London all day, it wasn't too much of an issue leaving the car with them. I get a call at 14:00 saying the car is fixed and good to go - Perfect. I ring up again just to make sure the chair hasn't been moved and thats what's making the clicking stop. They assure me it's not that and all is fine.

Imagine my comical annoyance when I sit back in, adjust to memory 1 and the clicking happens straight away.

When I ask what they have actually been doing all day - "We greased the rollers as per Volvos instructions" - Useless! This is all AFTER I've been assured it's been signed off by their chief engineer who has the best eye for detail supposedly.

Well.... When said chief engineer comes over, I discover he HASN'T has anything to do with the car (either time), and he was "almost 100%" sure that it was the rollers that needed changing (this was after hearing the clicks first hand).

I think they need to put some of their £30 PTFE lubricant on the crimped ends of the SIPS tube going across the rear of the seat frame and joining the side plates , that was the official fix ( which worked ) for this problem on these ford based seat frames on the V50 around 2006 - 8 .
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 16:39   #7
NickHoward

I think they tried that.

Seems the problem is with the rollers themselves.

The further back the chair is, the easier the clicking happens. I have my chair pretty much right back. If I moved it forward a few inches, the pressure on the back of the rail isn't as much, hence no clicking.

The Following User Says Thank You to NickHoward For This Useful Post: