Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

bye bye volvo

Views : 1416

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 13th, 2014, 17:05   #11
Redvol122

I'm gutted for you - its bad enough having an accident let alone in a vehicle that holds sentimental value. I have a car left to me by my grandfather and I'd would be devastated if i got a parking ding let alone involved in an incident.

Hope you are ok tho.
Redvol122 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redvol122 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 17:43   #12
Jas16

Really sorry to hear about it. I can understand what that means, in terms of sentimental value,

however the main thing is that you weren't seriously hurt. also I believe in Karma so just look after yourself and chin up
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 14:47   #13
Tension

The main thing is you're ok mate.
Tension is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tension For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 15:24   #14
kdan

ive just had the insurance engineer on the phone and he said im lucky i was in a volvo so at least thats summet.......

he said to put it rite isnt a option as its circa £8000 worth of damage and as the car is 20 years old its just not feesable.

and as it was just standard as sorts the value is quite low aswell...

thanks again for all the well wishes a comments and i will hang around as i definatly want another volvo.

karl
kdan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kdan For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 21:26   #15
bigjagjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdan View Post
ive just had the insurance engineer on the phone and he said im lucky i was in a volvo so at least thats summet.......

he said to put it rite isnt a option as its circa £8000 worth of damage and as the car is 20 years old its just not feesable.

and as it was just standard as sorts the value is quite low aswell...

thanks again for all the well wishes a comments and i will hang around as i definatly want another volvo.

karl
Which insurance engineer was this yours or the car that hit you?

Last edited by bigjagjim; Feb 14th, 2014 at 21:28.
bigjagjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 15:24   #16
kdan

it was my insurance engineer.... i dont no where that figure came from but thats what he said.

he did say the women who hit me must of felt like she had drove into a brick wall as i had the handbrake on aswell as foot brake.......... the damage didnt look to bad until i had a proper look the next day...

i did think it could of been fixed in all honesty but from what the engineer said its a definate no go..
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 19:19   #17
bigjagjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdan View Post
it was my insurance engineer.... i dont no where that figure came from but thats what he said.

he did say the women who hit me must of felt like she had drove into a brick wall as i had the handbrake on aswell as foot brake.......... the damage didnt look to bad until i had a proper look the next day...

i did think it could of been fixed in all honesty but from what the engineer said its a definate no go..
Its all a big game with the insurance just wondered why the women who hit you insurance company have not sent an engineer and supplied a hire car? I have been in this very position myself first thing i did when they sent a hire jap bean can was send it back and tell them i wanted another volvo to replace or i was going to hire one from the main agent and send them the bill they then sent a brand new audi automatic,then they wanted me to put it on my insurance which i didnt do and told them to insure it then when i had 3 weeks sent it back and repaired the volvo myself.I would think the engineer will say your car is worth £400 due to age if your lucky which you tell him you not going to take and any payout you do take will include you keeping the car.The best thing to do with these cars now is have them on a classic car policy with an agreed value,also i had the other sides insurance company at my front door wanting to settle whip lash within 48 hours which is another big con which i didnt fall for.
bigjagjim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigjagjim For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 23:03   #18
kdan

ive been given a hire car its a nissan qashqai and its horrid even though its brand new.

they valued my car at £725 due to age a history and also condition.... her insurance wanted me to have a astra but i got a claim managment firm i know to sort everything as im not in the state of mind to be doing it all.... and thats how i ended up with the nissan

the car really is a mess and although its the sentimental attachment i really dont think it could be saved... im struggling to put pics on but when i manage it maybe a few opinions could help me.

karl
Old Feb 24th, 2014, 12:23   #19
kdan

hi all.... just recieved the engineers report and its a cat b as the car is uneconomical to repair..

on the plus side i can have the car back at no cost
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kdan For This Useful Post: