Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For sale - XC90 rare 2.5T petrol - fantastic car.

Views : 1092

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 3rd, 2017, 15:08   #1
Acer
Master Member

Default For sale - XC90 rare 2.5T petrol - fantastic car.

Many of you on this forum will be familiar with my car. It has had a fortune spent on it, including a brand new CEM (over £1000 - module and wiring), AWD repaired (new spline sleeve AND angle gear only a year ago), brand new rear parking sensors and wiring loom (£800), new alarm module. Recently a new pipe was fitted in the engine due to a blockage that caused strange idling (over £400). ATF fully changed at a cost of over £400. Sunroof drains unblocked to prevent water under the carpet. All major work has been done by Volvo and the car also has a FVSH. I have even changed the electric window switches for new ones and put a new leather gear gaiter on.

It is an SE model and has an electric power seat for the driver; car phone; sat nav; electric sunroof; electric folding wing mirrors and geartronic autobox. This sort of spec with the 2.5T engine is very hard to find. Full leather interior that is in decent condition, especially considering vehicle age. The car only had one owner before me (we have owned it for nearly three years). This is a totally different vehicle to the petrol T6, which has terrible gearbox reliability issues. There are zero error codes showing or stored. It is about as solid and reliable an XC90 as you are ever going to find. Everything works - electric sunroof, power seats, windows, stereo, you name it. On top of that it has never towed in its life. Doesn't even have a tow bar fitted. He is a 2005 model with only 80k on the clock. All belts were changed only a year ago. Nearly new Scorpion Pirelli Verde all season tyres. MOT until October 2017. Titanium Grey colour.

Naturally you can't use Parker's price guide for a car like this. If you want a beaten up XC90 that will need all sorts of work doing to it, then by all means go and pay 4-5k (that is if you can even find a 2.5T). I guarantee the AWD won't work on most vehicles pre 2007 and no error codes will reveal the problem. You will know about it when you try climbing up a muddy slope though! Alternatively you could buy a T6 and have the gearbox fail at a cost of around 5k to fix! T6s are the cheapest used XC90s for a reason. It took me ages to find a 1 owner FVSH 2.5T with low mileage and still it had plenty to fix: but I have done it now, so you don't have to. I see a chap advertised one as 'probably the best 2.5T in the country' about a month ago. Well I didn't see any mention of the AWD being serviced and if it wasn't then it is almost guaranteed it won't be working. Also 2005 is the year that produced the faulty plenum cover that allowed water into the CEM. I didn't see any mention of that being fixed either. My point being that this vehicle has both covered! You also get lower road tax as it just missed out on the rule change .

If you know your vehicles and want a quality used XC90 that will give you trouble free motoring, then pay 7k for mine. We only drive around 6k miles a year (hence avoiding a diesel) and the Mrs needs a smaller car for her local teaching work. That is the only reason Volcan, as the kids named him!, is up for sale. I absolutely love this car and it will suit me fine if nobody buys him.

Some pics available here http://www.thegreatesttoyonearth.co....-for-sale.html

Last edited by Acer; Jul 3rd, 2017 at 17:17.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2017, 15:20   #2
Acer
Master Member

Am going to offer the vehicle at £6000 and no offers. You could buy a cheaper example, but you will end up paying the difference sooner or later. I guarantee.
Old Jul 6th, 2017, 19:14   #3
HiFlyer437

Or you could buy this 'very similar' one on eBay for £1000 less.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112469015115
HiFlyer437 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HiFlyer437 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 7th, 2017, 15:58   #4
Kwozzymodo

I wonder if the chap selling the one on ebay is open to offers....
Kwozzymodo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kwozzymodo For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 11th, 2017, 16:51   #5
volvoski

Just this moment failed to raise a bid at 4,999.
volvoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2017, 17:30   #6
Acer
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlyer437 View Post
Or you could buy this 'very similar' one on eBay for £1000 less.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112469015115
The ebay auction was a starting price not fixed. Obviously I had a price in mind originally and did not want to flex. Lots of people sent through offers but the highest was £4800.

Last edited by Acer; Jul 11th, 2017 at 18:19.
Old Jul 11th, 2017, 23:09   #7
Acer
Master Member

No longer available.