Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2002 C70 Hands Free info please

Views : 666

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 14th, 2017, 16:52   #1
Peterscar

Default 2002 C70 Hands Free info please

My mobile is nearly as old as my C70 ..............................

I have a Nokia Lumia 610 and need a hands free installation in my 2002 C70.

Being "of mature years" myself, I'd need something with some volume or maybe a fitted speaker.

The installation in my day to day Peugeot is via bluetooth to the radio and/or separate speaker with a dash mounted "push button" to recieve calls. Similar I suspect, to the Parrot system.

What experience have you guys got and what advice/recommendations could you offer.

Many thanks.
Peterscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2017, 17:43   #2
ASt85
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterscar View Post
My mobile is nearly as old as my C70 ..............................

I have a Nokia Lumia 610 and need a hands free installation in my 2002 C70.

Being "of mature years" myself, I'd need something with some volume or maybe a fitted speaker.

The installation in my day to day Peugeot is via bluetooth to the radio and/or separate speaker with a dash mounted "push button" to recieve calls. Similar I suspect, to the Parrot system.

What experience have you guys got and what advice/recommendations could you offer.

Many thanks.
When I had a Lumia I used a Nexxus Drivespeech which, once paired, worked happily using Cortana - with the added advantage that it would "read" incoming texts as voice output - Cortana also had a reply option which translated voice to text with an edit feature.

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto

Last edited by ASt85; Aug 14th, 2017 at 18:11.
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2017, 16:14   #3
Peterscar

Many thanks.

Unfortunately, as probably expected, it seems it's no longer available. My guess is that iphones and bluetooth have killed off most of these powerful "fixed" systems.

The volume is my main worry, particularly with the top down...............
Old Aug 16th, 2017, 16:32   #4
NI_Volvo_Nut
Volvologist

The Parrot BT kits are pretty good, cut the radio out and use the cars speakers. I have a CK3100 with Volvo loom if you are interested. £55 posted direct to your door. It's all fairly simple plug and play.
Drop me an email to AndyD345@btinternet.com and I can show you pic's of the kit and it fitted.

What's the matter with the car I'm driving?
Can't you tell that it's out of style?
Should I get a set of white wall tires?
Are you gonna cruise the miracle mile?
NI_Volvo_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2017, 08:17   #5
ASt85
Premier Member

Quote:
Many thanks.

Unfortunately, as probably expected, it seems it's no longer available. My guess is that iphones and bluetooth have killed off most of these powerful "fixed" systems.

The volume is my main worry, particularly with the top down...............
This one has the same sort of spec as the nexxus - there are higher models with more features (no I'm not employed that company named after a South American river!)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/MULTIPOINT-...car%2Bkit&th=1

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto
The Following User Says Thank You to ASt85 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 21st, 2017, 11:17   #6
Peterscar

I have a visor mounted unit in my everyday car but there is also an original Nokia installation with separate speaker, mike and "control" button. This works extremely well.

Experience with the visor type unit suggests that it wouldn't be practical in the C70 with the top down - maybe I should do a test run then decide..............
Old Aug 21st, 2017, 16:11   #7
christheancient
Aged Volvo Lover

Location: A place in mendip-land famous for its cheese - and its gorge

Quote:
Experience with the visor type unit suggests that it wouldn't be practical in the C70 with the top down - maybe I should do a test run then decide..............
When I bought my C70, I was taken for a test ride in it by the then owner - and we were driving around with the lid down as it was a lovely warm, sunny afternoon.

He had a 'clip onto the visor' device that 'paired' with his phone for hands free and managed to quite successfully hold a conversation with the guy he was buying his next car from while we were whipping around the country lanes (sometimes at 'OhmyGod' speeds).

And they are cheap option; so an easy way to check them out.

I actually bought one myself; but never got round to using it as I believe that driving and phoning don't really mix. This was brought home to me once in my 'company car' that had a proper bluetooth system inbuilt into the radio. After I tried it a couple of times, I scared myself (and others?) a couple of times whilst trying to concentrate on two things at once and never used a phone in a moving car again!

Our children don't inherit the world from us. We are borrowing it from them.
christheancient is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to christheancient For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 7th, 2017, 07:31   #8
ASt85
Premier Member

Hi again peterscar - Aldi are currently offering this one
https://www.aldi.co.uk/maxtek-blueto...77320144269300

Its a re-badged Nexxus!

Old Oct 23rd, 2017, 11:52   #9
wg53

Hi, Thinking of a parrot 9200i for the c70, has anyone got one fitted? Is there a special link harness required to get it to work?

thanks richard
wg53 is offline   Reply With Quote