Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Brembo s60r 300mm upgrade.. what carriers ?

Views : 5883

Replies : 39

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 15th, 2017, 16:45   #11
DunkinBiskits
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsox View Post
I'm just in middle of fitting a Quaife LSD and a manual great box change ;-) . When will they be ready ? ;-)
got them booked into an extremely reputable machine shop in around 5 weeks or so, with most likely a week or 2 lead time. youre welcome to pester me as the time comes closer haha. good choice with the diff, I did consider a quaife but went for a plate style LSD instead.

I'm only in Liverpool too buddy, just down the road

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
Torque is how far you take the wall with you

Last edited by DunkinBiskits; Jan 15th, 2017 at 16:54.
DunkinBiskits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2017, 17:17   #12
Shinsplintz 101

FWIW I've seen some very gifted & clever Volvo modifiers give up on this conversion for safety reasons. By your own admission you have to chop off the steering limiter & the wheel now hits the strut. Selling these sets without addressing the steering stop with an adapter kits seems negligent IMHO.

I'm not trying to **** on your fire but only play devil's advocate. Your selling these on to fellow forum members - it's only fair that the proof of due diligencebe available & then people can make an informed decision.

As I said I'm my last post. I hope you've cracked it as it'll be a nice piece of work if you have. However I remain sceptical. We're just going to live with that.

Last edited by Shinsplintz 101; Jan 15th, 2017 at 17:26.
Shinsplintz 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2017, 17:28   #13
DunkinBiskits
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsplintz 101 View Post
FWIW I've seen some very gifted & clever Volvo modifiers give up on this conversion for safety reasons. By your own admission you have to chop off the steering limiter & the wheel now hits the strut. Selling these sets without addressing the steering stop with an adapter kits seems negligent IMHO.

I'm not trying to **** on your fire but only play devil's advocate. Your selling these on to fellow forum members - it's only fair that the proof of due diligencebe available & then people can make an informed decision.

As I said I'm my last post. I hope you've cracked it as it'll be a nice piece of work if you have. However I remain sceptical. Your just going to live with that.
where do I say it hits the strut? I said on full lock the tyre hits the chassis leg, which is normal for any p80 running Pegs. No mention of struts. as ive said in my post, I was intending on adding a stopper onto the rack to limit the travel that way.

it really does read like youre trying to **** on ones bonfire, if you aren't then I suggest proof reading before you post as that's EXACTLY how its come across.

I know its safe, regardless of a steering stopper or not, so I couldn't care less whether you hold sceptical views, engineers have designed this, not old men on kitchen tables. you seem to be trying to use the fact that a tyre will hit the chassis as a means of dispute, when countless Volvo owners live with this issue on a daily basis RUNNING STOPPERS

Therefore in my eyes that argument is flawed

Dunc

Old Jan 15th, 2017, 17:49   #14
mole

Morgan's not English so please excuse his reading, understanding, grasp of the obvious and eyesight.

Others have tried making the brackets bolted to the front of the hub as the standard ones are, hence limiting the bracket thickness. You've mounted it on the rear of the hub where the bolt head would be so allowing increased bracket thickness.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2017, 17:56   #15
DunkinBiskits
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Morgan's not English so please excuse his reading, understanding, grasp of the obvious and eyesight.

Others have tried making the brackets bolted to the front of the hub as the standard ones are, hence limiting the bracket thickness. You've mounted it on the rear of the hub where the bolt head would be so allowing increased bracket thickness.
Ah, maybe that would explain it. thankyou for your kind words in support of this whole post, top man. Morgan, I hope this post makes things clearer, I'm not here for a debate, although criticism isn't off the cards, I'm here to offer our work to the rest of the Volvo world, cos after all, sharing is caring.

Old Jan 15th, 2017, 18:21   #16
Shinsplintz 101

Your right. I'll wind my neck in. I was only try to help the OP. Obviously not needed. You lot are far to clever to make a mistake.

Let's just hope this isn't a case of " Emperors new clothes" syndrome.

And as we say in wales with deep affection to our English friends:

Morgan

Ps Best register yourself as a Trader with Forum Admin whilst your sharing all your caring.

Last edited by JamesV70R; Jan 15th, 2017 at 21:09. Reason: Removed the Welsh greeting. Rule 1 counts - no matter which language.
Shinsplintz 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2017, 18:43   #17
DunkinBiskits
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsplintz 101 View Post
Your right. I'll wind my neck in. I was only try to help the OP. Obviously not needed. You lot are far to clever to make a mistake.

Let's just hope this isn't a case of " Emperors new clothes" syndrome.

And as we say in wales with deep affection to our English friends:

mynd i ffwcio chi eich hun

Siwrne saff!

Morgan
Nice to see you've stooped to a new low here, I presumed you were actually foreign, not Welsh, but telling me to go **** myself in your native tongue: this doesn't really paint you in a very good light does it? xenophobic? I pity you mate, cos you must have bugger all else to do with your time. I'm reporting you to the forum chiefs and let them do as they deem fit, grow up. just because you cant grasp an idea doesn't mean everyone else cant.

And FWIW, it appears in this case I AM cleverer than you (as these are safe and mistake free) , as you couldn't seem to fathom a way of it being strong enough but it is, and theres stress testing to prove it. you have a truly luddite mentality
Dunc

*for winsox* apologies about this person on your post. I was only replying to your request.

Last edited by DunkinBiskits; Jan 15th, 2017 at 18:52.
The Following User Says Thank You to DunkinBiskits For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 15th, 2017, 19:37   #18
s70t5chris

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post

Hello Mole,

Do you know if there are any downsides or negative effects of utilising a bracket mounted on the rear of the hub?

If not, how come no-one has done it already?

Bonjour.

P.S. When will we be holding a referendum to split from Wales. Coming on our forums, p**sing on our peoples dreams
s70t5chris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to s70t5chris For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 15th, 2017, 19:56   #19
mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by s70t5chris View Post
Hello Mole,

Do you know if there are any downsides or negative effects of utilising a bracket mounted on the rear of the hub?

If not, how come no-one has done it already?

Bonjour.

P.S. When will we be holding a referendum to split from Wales. Coming on our forums, p**sing on our peoples dreams
As long as the hub mating face is machined at 90 degrees to the hole and the surface area is a suitable size to support the bracket then I see no reason why the bracket cannot be mounted on the rear face.

I think I mounted your carriers on the rear of the hub or turned the brackets around as the calipers were spaced for 32mm discs.

Last edited by mole; Jan 15th, 2017 at 20:00.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mole For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 15th, 2017, 22:34   #20
Andy
Master Member

Do these adaptors move the caliper to the trailing position not the leading?
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote