Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

NEW Connected Car DATA SIM

Views : 3734

Replies : 49

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 18th, 2017, 20:56   #41
S90
IT Guru

Basically you're a reseller for this company and I find your initial introduction a bit too 'salesman'.

I would imagine the same spiel on other forums too and truly doubt if you even drive a Volvo!?
Old Aug 20th, 2017, 14:11   #42
smj1873

Quote:
Originally Posted by S90 View Post
Basically you're a reseller for this company and I find your initial introduction a bit too 'salesman'.

I would imagine the same spiel on other forums too and truly doubt if you even drive a Volvo!?
S90,

Thanks for your comments and I can appreciate that my inexperience in the field might have shown in my initial comments. As I said previously, this is not my company but it is an idea I have developed with the company. I am not reselling and the SIM's will come directly from the company who have direct relationships with the three networks - EE, Vodafone and O2.

As for the pricing, I can genuinely assure you that our pricing is cheaper than the vast majority of any deal on the market. There is only one SIM deal that I know of that is more competitive and it's a Vodafone SIM for a significantly high Data amount that wouldn't be of great benefit to many people as it's more than most people would use and it's a monthly expiring limit.

I personally leased a Volvo V90 D4 R-Design in February after I fell in love with the car when we were in the showroom leasing my wifes XC60. They're our first 2 Volvos and I can't see myself ever going to another brand. I have pics of them both!

At the moment, I haven't advertised our SIM's on any other forums and if I'm being honest then, yes I will do so in the future but I won't masquerade as being an owner of a brand that I don't have. The reason I created this post in the first place was to get the opinion and appetite of fellow Volvo drivers and it has been inavaluable.

It's my strong intention to put our pricing on this week and no doubt that can spark a whole new debate and I'll take on board all the points that are made on it.

In terms of the margins, I'm sure you appreciate that I can't and wouldn't discuss that on here. I'd actually welcome the opportunity as before with the other poster to get in touch with you and see if there's anywhere we can partner in the future if you're in IT or Telecoms.
smj1873 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smj1873 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 20th, 2017, 15:17   #43
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

I think its fair to say you have quite some interest here. With the greatest of respect (!) it's time to put up or shut up (if you'll forgive the expression).

Can your next post be some actual details that for those that are interested (and I include myself) can pursue?

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Wildsmith For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 21st, 2017, 09:36   #44
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Default Not what this forum is about or for

Its one thing for forum members to recommend a product they like and want to share and tell others about, but this forum should not be used as an advertising board or sales pitch by companies flogging their wares or for marketing research.
Its a form of cold calling we get on our phones and I think this thread should be deleted.

Its not what this forum is for.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 21st, 2017, 21:43   #45
Murph7355

Agree with nu11eaf (and the guys above noting to come clean on cost).

Though this thread did point me at the 3 SIM with 12Gb and a year's time limit

Just bought one for £32 from Amazon. Will see how that works.
Murph7355 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2017, 21:54   #46
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
Agree with nu11eaf (and the guys above noting to come clean on cost).

Though this thread did point me at the 3 SIM with 12Gb and a year's time limit

Just bought one for £32 from Amazon. Will see how that works.
You can buy the 3 12 gb 12 month data sim from "Mymemory" site for £24.99. I have just ordered my 2nd one.
Old Aug 22nd, 2017, 09:47   #47
Considered1
Premier Member

Seriously guys give the lad a chance. If everyone needed a sim that quickly I don't think he'd need to be bothering on here.

No one should rush any product or service that isn't exactly how you would want it from day1!
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Considered1 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 22nd, 2017, 10:34   #48
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
Seriously guys give the lad a chance. If everyone needed a sim that quickly I don't think he'd need to be bothering on here.

No one should rush any product or service that isn't exactly how you would want it from day1!
This forum is not an advertising bill board, we will have every Tom Dick or Harry plonking there adds on here that we will have to filter through. "There is a for sale section for members".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 25th, 2017, 11:37   #49
Avallon

Just bought this:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fan...rd-192-2773153

SIM only deal: 20GB Data p/m (and unlimited minutes and texts)

Using a cashback site (Quidco) and being a BT Broadband customer (giving me a £5 p/m discount) pricing works as follows:

£16 p/m subscription for 12 months = £192

Minus:
£100 Amazon Voucher
£60 Quidco Cashback

Net cost £32 over the 12 months...
Avallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2017, 18:20   #50
filace

So, did anything come of this? My car arrives on Monday (yay!) and I'm just about to hit 'buy' on the 12GB SIM from MyMemory... but if there's a better option?
filace is offline   Reply With Quote