Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Heated Seats?

Views : 1230

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 08:46   #1
baldboater

Default Heated Seats?

Hi Guys

New to the forum so be gentle.

i have recently bought a S60 S D5 and i love it loads of power, economical (ish) and smooth which is great for my 150 mile daily commute. I found out yesterday it does not like to stop in the snow though - as did the driver of a Focus! but anyway.......

The question i have is that whilst giving my car a clean out on Saturday a blanking button came off the heater (with a little help from me) located on the heater panel where, according to the manual, the heated seat controls are, and underneth were two push buttons without the caps on. My car has the Half leather and i wondered if my car has secret heated seats or if this is the same on all s60's and only used if the car has full leather / heated seat option?

look forward to any responses
baldboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 09:59   #2
Anjow

Mine has half leather (at least it looks like leather, convincing vinyl?) and has heated seats. To be honest I would be very surprised if yours didn't have them. Even my first 440 did and that was much older than my S60 and not a high-spec one.
Anjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 10:19   #3
iceman

My advice is to press the button to the on poss and put a meter on the wires underneath the seat, see if there is power going through, if there is the heated seats must work.
iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 10:25   #4
baldboater

thanks guys i will give it a try and see what happens.
baldboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 13:39   #5
Bernard333
Premier Member

There will be no elements or controller fitted in the seats . My 2003 SE V70 has the permanent live heated seat supply going to the sockets underneath the seats but from there on there is nothing , mine would have similar wiring to an SE S60 of the same age . I also have two 2001 V70s and both have heated seats but I think these were ordered as extra options by the original owners .
Bernard333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 18:00   #6
bombay121

I take it this sort of thing cant be retro fitted? Its the one thing I'm really missing
bombay121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 18:20   #7
chopper_harris

The heated seats were available as an option at £150, or included in the 'Winter Pack' option, along with H/Lamp Wash/Wipe and velour mats for £300 (2004MY)

You would have to peel the covers from seat back and base, and insert the heating elements - don't go there.

My wife loves them, but I cannot recall consciously reaching for the heated seat switch in 6 years of ownership !
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 18:50   #8
bombay121

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper_harris View Post
The heated seats were available as an option at £150, or included in the 'Winter Pack' option, along with H/Lamp Wash/Wipe and velour mats for £300 (2004MY)

You would have to peel the covers from seat back and base, and insert the heating elements - don't go there.

My wife loves them, but I cannot recall consciously reaching for the heated seat switch in 6 years of ownership !
Sounds a little too much work for me. To be honest I dont think you realize you have them till you haven't. Everytime I drive a car in the summer without A/C it makes me realize how much I rely on it.
bombay121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 00:36   #9
dsharp

I have a bright red 1.8i GS, which surprises a few newer/faster cars.
Mine is my only car at present and as such is in daily use. Has some rust on rear arches which I will deal with in due course. I'd love another 440, they are a rare combination in my opinion and I have owned much newer/faster cars myself in the past.
Wierdly this higher spec model doesn't have heated seats either but does have half leather, Air Con, headlamp wash/wipe which on mine works brilliantly. If you pull the blanking panel off next to the central locking button there is wiring for the seats too. I and even Volvo don't know if the seats will heat up if switches are attached. I'd be prepared to bet they won't though you never know, might have been a heated seats switch shortage when mine was built.........
dsharp is offline   Reply With Quote