Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Limp mode rectified

Views : 6355

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 19:09   #1
norfolk5

Default Limp mode rectified

Hi all,
thought I would post this info,had limp mode problem since xmas and tried several garages to sort the problem to no avail.But at last after all manner of remedies had failed I took the car to Saracens in Fakenham Norfolk,their technicians went over the car and diagnosed pipe to turbo,fitted new pipe and problem sorted,cannot thank them enough.Trevor and his team certainly know what they are doing. Any one with Volvo problems in Central Norfolk cannot go wrong seeking there no nonsense approach,just thought I would share my appreciation of them,

Tim.
norfolk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norfolk5 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 19:55   #2
L7DDO

Ive missed your threads, BUT, was your issue the same as mine??

2005 S60 D5 (163) when going on full throttle up to 3.5k revs all ok, then just after that the engine service light comes on and then I have no turbo, i.e limp mode. This lasts for about 5 mins, the service light goes out and then i have full power again (till i boot it again)

Im thinking its the fuel filter being blocked, as the dealer let it run down to 10 miles left on the computer before i picked it up??? Maybe, maybe not. Im getting mine serviced next week so I'll post my findings.

Cheers
L7DDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 20:12   #3
LJD
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L7DDO View Post

2005 S60 D5 (163) when going on full throttle up to 3.5k revs all ok, then just after that the engine service light comes on and then I have no turbo, i.e limp mode. This lasts for about 5 mins, the service light goes out and then i have full power again (till i boot it again)

Im thinking its the fuel filter being blocked, as the dealer let it run down to 10 miles left on the computer before i picked it up??? Maybe, maybe not. Im getting mine serviced next week so I'll post my findings.

Cheers

Firstly

I am shocked no other garage looked at that pipe !! its a very obvious one to check

100% swap the filter over .It was a problem for my car as i had trusted the fuel gauge too much !
LJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 23:20   #4
norfolk5

Quote:

Cheers
Hi, Mine would go into limp mode on a gradient mostly between 2500 & 3500 rpm sometimes it would go back but more often than not I had to stop and restart until it happened again.Two garages assured me it was not the Turbo pipe,but the technicians at Saracens picked it up straight away and removed the headache it was causing me.If anybody has any Volvo problems in central Norfolk I cannot recommend them highly enough,I have put their contact details on here as I am so impressed with there service.I also had been told to replace the fuel filter by the other garages which I did with no effect.As this problem has been with me since I acquired the car in November last year it now drives as it should,well done Saracens.

http://saracensgroup.co.uk/#/contact-us/4566361139
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 11:56   #5
L7DDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk5 View Post
Hi, Mine would go into limp mode on a gradient mostly between 2500 & 3500 rpm sometimes it would go back but more often than not I had to stop and restart until it happened again.Two garages assured me it was not the Turbo pipe,but the technicians at Saracens picked it up straight away and removed the headache it was causing me.
Dont suppose someone can post a picture of this pipe and where it is and the part number???

Cheers
L7DDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 12:14   #6
RAN60
Master Member

Could have saved yourself a few £££'s if you had read up on forum and had a go yourself.

Theres plenty of knowledge floating about on these topics from many of us on here and plenty of How To's. Dont be affraid to ask first

Still great to hear there are some garages trust worthy out there!!

Just out of curiosity how much did they charge for the repair/parts etc?

Rich
RAN60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 12:53   #7
norfolk5

Quote:
Don't suppose someone can post a picture of this pipe and where it is and the part number???

Cheers
Part number 30680445. Just Google it as Volvo part number in images.I think it is at the back of the engine.
The Following User Says Thank You to norfolk5 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 15:18   #8
fogster
V70 convert...!

Default Link to the pipe location

Mad - I have just 30 minutes ago written this up and posted it!

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...9&postcount=39

Hope it helps!
fogster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fogster For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:44   #9
norfolk5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAN60 View Post
Could have saved yourself a few £££'s if you had read up on forum and had a go yourself.

Theres plenty of knowledge floating about on these topics from many of us on here and plenty of How To's. Dont be affraid to ask first

Still great to hear there are some garages trust worthy out there!!

Just out of curiosity how much did they charge for the repair/parts etc?

Rich
I had been on the forum with this problem and had many helpful replies which I had relayed to others but had been told that the Turbo pipes were perfectly OK,which I had taken to be so as I am not technically ofay and rely on their professional EXPERTIES.However it was sorted by Saracens and now runs as it has never done before.As a matter of interest would it impede the running if the pipe is starting to go soft and does not trigger LIMP MODE?.
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 13:49   #10
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2811183801...84.m1436.l2649
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to outnumbered For This Useful Post:

Tags
limp, turbo