Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

03 V40 1,9 diesel. I want more power, what do i do?

Views : 1429

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 5th, 2018, 22:47   #11
OleST

Will look into the clutch/flywheel.
OleST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2018, 22:27   #12
Scoobymolly

Renault dmf or solid flywheel won't work as crank sensor pick up in different place, so would put the timing out .
Scoobymolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2018, 22:33   #13
OleST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobymolly View Post
Renault dmf or solid flywheel won't work as crank sensor pick up in different place, so would put the timing out .
Ah.... Well, the old dual mass survived 14/15 years. Lets hope a new dual mass flywheel will keep trucking for another 15 years.

Ps: my cem just shat the bed, both dips are out... Anyone who have tried to solder on new relays?
Old Dec 9th, 2018, 13:48   #14
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleST View Post
I would get a t4 if i could but they are expensive... If i can get a solid flywheel i Will lighten it to prevent tractor like sluggish revs and such. I have read something on this forum about people building hybrid turbos and such but that thread didnt really go in depth AS to what was done.
I would reckon that you can get a T4 for less than the cost of a DMF and remap and you'll have about 50% more power!
baldmosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2018, 13:52   #15
OleST

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldmosher View Post
I would reckon that you can get a T4 for less than the cost of a DMF and remap and you'll have about 50% more power!
Its not the initial cost of a t4 that is the problem, its the cost og ownibg it. Since im 18 and just got my lisence insurance on a t4 is quite pricey, that combined with gas prices hovering around 2$ per liter would kill my student sized wallet.

Tags
diesel, flywheel, power, turbo