Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Engine won't rev and hunts

Views : 21069

Replies : 509

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 13th, 2019, 23:36   #391
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

There's this Bosch one as well, slightly cheaper and is a direct fit with plugs already fitted :

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/bosch...nsor-710770315

A bit dubious about the GSF one for £65 and it's a universal one too.

Many systems will run fine with pattern parts but certain things seem to need the Bosch stuff on Volvos which is a right pain at times!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 00:08   #392
ANDTWENTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
There's this Bosch one as well, slightly cheaper and is a direct fit with plugs already fitted :

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/bosch...nsor-710770315

A bit dubious about the GSF one for £65 and it's a universal one too.

Many systems will run fine with pattern parts but certain things seem to need the Bosch stuff on Volvos which is a right pain at times!
Might be worth going with the proper Bosch one then. I can't open the link for some reason, I can get on the Euros website but can't search either, I found it on eBay using the part number off the link and found the Euros one on eBay, will have a look later but looks better as it's a direct swap, hopefully I can collect Tuesday or might be in stock as it's a VW Passat one too!
ANDTWENTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ANDTWENTY For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 00:25   #393
ANDTWENTY

Searched my car without the reg and it came up with the ones you linked too, there's a Bosch one for £60 with discount and a vemo for £40, any ideas what the vemo one is like?
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 00:44   #394
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDTWENTY View Post
Might be worth going with the proper Bosch one then. I can't open the link for some reason, I can get on the Euros website but can't search either, I found it on eBay using the part number off the link and found the Euros one on eBay, will have a look later but looks better as it's a direct swap, hopefully I can collect Tuesday or might be in stock as it's a VW Passat one too!
Quote:
Searched my car without the reg and it came up with the ones you linked too, there's a Bosch one for £60 with discount and a vemo for £40, any ideas what the vemo one is like?
I'd pay the extra for the Bosch one to be honest, i've only vaguely heard of Vemo, i think it's a subsidiary of Valeo which is French and the only French automotive product i've ever known that is any good are Bougicord HT leads - for everything else it's a case of
Can't
Recommend
A
Purchase.

I've had similar problems with ECP searching on my reg lately, it point blank refuses to recognise my Rover although it recognises the Coupe i owned which had the same engine etc so it's an easy work-around.
Very often searching ECP on the car description rather than the reg brings up more options, usually better ones for the parts available.

If the direct-fit Lambda cross-references to a VW Passat and you can collect, so much the better, less chance of it being dropped by the postie or thrown in the back of a van that way!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 01:13   #395
ANDTWENTY

Quote:
I'd pay the extra for the Bosch one to be honest, i've only vaguely heard of Vemo, i think it's a subsidiary of Valeo which is French and the only French automotive product i've ever known that is any good are Bougicord HT leads - for everything else it's a case of
Can't
Recommend
A
Purchase.

I've had similar problems with ECP searching on my reg lately, it point blank refuses to recognise my Rover although it recognises the Coupe i owned which had the same engine etc so it's an easy work-around.
Very often searching ECP on the car description rather than the reg brings up more options, usually better ones for the parts available.

If the direct-fit Lambda cross-references to a VW Passat and you can collect, so much the better, less chance of it being dropped by the postie or thrown in the back of a van that way!
I've not had an issue before just searching from the reg but something to bear in mind for the future I guess. I'll stick with the Bosch one for what it's worth. It's in stock so I'll grab it today after I get up, I'll grab a lambda socket too, not that I need it to get mine out haha
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 10:39   #396
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

I suspect they've updated their database and older cars are slowly dropping off the end of it.

I hope the Lambda boss hasn't got stripped threads!

Old Oct 14th, 2019, 14:22   #397
ANDTWENTY

Quote:
I suspect they've updated their database and older cars are slowly dropping off the end of it.

I hope the Lambda boss hasn't got stripped threads!
Yea that wouldn't surprise me! I haven't checked the actual threads of the boss but when I took the sensor back out and looked it had just cleanly stripped all the threads on the sensor so I would imagine the others are fine.
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 14:24   #398
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Yea that wouldn't surprise me! I haven't checked the actual threads of the boss but when I took the sensor back out and looked it had just cleanly stripped all the threads on the sensor so I would imagine the others are fine.
Sounds as if some monkey has cross-threaded it at some point. Is it a non-original exhaust on it?

Old Oct 16th, 2019, 15:57   #399
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Going slightly off topic I was just wondering if I could put cruise control in this car.
Have a look at post #24 on here :

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...=299462&page=3

YOu'll also need the throttle drum from the inlet manifold, it's part of the cruise system.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 16:07   #400
ANDTWENTY

Quote:
Sounds as if some monkey has cross-threaded it at some point. Is it a non-original exhaust on it?
That monkey would be me! Although I'm not 100% sure it waa, I took it out to check the exhaust being blocked as I was gonna take that section out and when I put it back it just span round and round, must have been damaged before cus it never went right.

As far as I can tell the exhaust is original