Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Tim Williams address ?

Views : 3520

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 27th, 2019, 11:13   #11
domhart10
Volvo S40

Completly agree with you here john493, am now going to try get Shem to do my work ... have been constantly been let down by Tim since Feb agreeing dates with him and for him to then bail over an over again with 0 communication and notice. Im still struggling to get hold of some parts I sent to him so that I can get someone else to do it which is very frustrating.

But the more difficult thing is I see him actively on facebook responding and booking in people last min which makes it even more frustrating.

I defenitly wouldnt recommend Tim at the moment. He has a high mention on the forums and facebook pages but so far has been incredibly difficult to communicate with.

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 16:39   #12
Simmy
Premier Member

tim is always very busy and there are only so many hours in a day . no one can work 24 /7
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2019, 05:46   #13
Rich850R
Master Member

Been trying to get him hold of shem for a map since beggining of march, hasn't bothered to reply or acknowledge
Rich850R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2019, 15:27   #14
Selby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
tim is always very busy and there are only so many hours in a day . no one can work 24 /7
But not responding when people have booked in is a bit **** isn’t it?
Selby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selby For This Useful Post:
Old May 28th, 2019, 21:12   #15
Simmy
Premier Member

good things will come to all of those who wait others will go elsewhere you choose
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2019, 21:36   #16
alanoconnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by john493 View Post
Thanks guys - I gave up in the end and went to Shemtek - got a very good remap at a competitive price with great comms too - definitely recommended:

https://shemtekautomotivesolutions.epageuk.com

If you're looking for a marble floor & plate glass windows, you'll be disappointed - if you want a good remap (or other Volvo work) done by a knowledgeable guy who cares about customers, well worth a try.
Great guy. Did all of the work on mine. Excellent communication throughout the build - even sent pictures and videos - and has been great after it with general advice. Long way from Cornwall but next time I need something major I will be sticking Gloria on a truck.
alanoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alanoconnor For This Useful Post:
Old May 29th, 2019, 02:18   #17
Selby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
good things will come to all of those who wait others will go elsewhere you choose
Hmmm, I guess so but if I booked my car in for some work and the guy didn’t respond to messages asking for his address I wouldn’t think - this guys obviously so busy he can’t spend 15 seconds responding to my message, he must be amazing. I’d think, this guys a nob.
Selby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selby For This Useful Post:
Old May 29th, 2019, 22:33   #18
alanoconnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selby View Post
Hmmm, I guess so but if I booked my car in for some work and the guy didn’t respond to messages asking for his address I wouldn’t think - this guys obviously so busy he can’t spend 15 seconds responding to my message, he must be amazing. I’d think, this guys a nob.
When I was looking to spend cash on an S60 T5 I bought for £1850 with 76K on the clock with zero service history (apart from 1 invoice - a fake one - and MOT history) I asked around. There were 2 people I would have trusted to do the work needed to be done.

Both have been mentioned. Both were highly recommended as experts in inline 5 turbocharged engines. I met Tim but was told he was really busy - experts in their field, especially sought after ones - usually are.

I contacted the other named company and, essentially, said I didn't care how long it took, I didn't care how much it cost but I wanted it spot on.

It still needs work but I know how much effort went into the car. Some of the things he did I didn't even have to pay for. He even spoke to ex owners of the car who were unable to get the car right. He did what very few people can do - turned a piece of metal into something arguably better than Volvo made when she was new.

Shemtek - I'm a Fanboy
alanoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2019, 08:42   #19
Rich850R
Master Member

Drew in Northants is another fantastic Volvo Mechanic, nothing that guy doesn't know.
Rich850R is offline   Reply With Quote