Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For Sale: 1998/99 Phase 1 Volvo V40 T4 Turbo

Views : 557

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 18:57   #1
Neil H
New V40 Owner

Default For Sale: 1998/99 Phase 1 Volvo V40 T4 Turbo

1999 Phase 1 Volvo V40 T4 1.9L Turbo , Violet Metallic Paint
71k genuine miles on the clock and only gets driven a couple of times a week, most often on short journeys and the odd day out long run, its a great driver, great fun, very fast when you want it to be but also a great cruiser..
MOT expires 29/01/2020 and should past the next one just fine too.
Was apparently originally a Volvo main dealer demo/show car at the beginning of its life.

For the T4 enthusiasts as these are now collectable it has a very T4 related number plate and would make a great keeper/show car.
It has a good chunk of service history both Volvo dealer and independent up until around 55000 miles and since then the book is not dealer stamped but there's a ton of receipts etc. Since I've had it, I have done everything myself, annual oil and filters changed, recent full belt pack change, cam belt and auxiliaries and a new genuine volvo water pump which was done at the local garage at 70900 miles.
There's loads of receipts and old MOT's etc.
MOT history will show some of the work that has been carried out while i've had it, most recent things I can remember doing is new brake hoses on all four wheels and brake fluid replaced, track rod end on one side, a new battery, replaced rear brake calipers with Phase 2 version that have return springs so the handbrake is nice and firm with a good strong return & new brake pads all round.
I've always used genuine Volvo parts wherever possible because it's worth the quality and reliability.
It has Aircon (which could do with re-gassing as its not blowing as cold as it used to), cruise control, power steering, 5 speed manual gearbox, ABS, DSA traction control, half leather heated Grey/Platina Aqua interior with piano black glove box trim and gear knob, K&N panel air filter & full stainless steel Jetex exhaust which sounds great (you'll never need to replace the exhaust again), Phase 2 black background headlights. Front Fog Lights, Info Centre, Remote central locking & immobiliser.
It was rolling roaded by the previous owner which came out at about 170bhp and have a print our graph of it.

A couple of summers ago when fitting the stainless exhaust I cleaned up and painted the whole underbody with vactan rust inhibitor and then sprayed 3 coats of shutz anti stone chip rubberised paint so it should be solid for years to come.

It has a fair few light scuff marks on the paintwork all over and a lot of that may polish out of the lacquer (it does need a darn good machine polish and i'm sure it will come up beautiful) but nothing that's not expected for a 20 year old car. The worst as you'll see in the photos is the plastic inserts in the bumper where they appear to have been painted with a bumper black paint which has kinda scuffed off in places but i'm sure it would be really easy to renew this, i've just not got round to it and it hasn't bothered me that much
There's no rust at all on any panels any signs of some forming was treated and touched up over the years, the vibrancy of colour in the violet paint has faded somewhat in time to a slightly more grey in places but it still looks great for its age.
Engine and gearbox are totally solid no oil leaks and it always drives smooth.
Also currently has 17 inch Arcadia Alloys with budget tyres that have loads of tread on them but I have the original 16 inch "Cyber" alloys with brand new budget tyres (see photo) which will go on it if the buyer wants the cheaper price.
Will also come with a laptop with Volvo service light reset cable and app, a boot liner to protect the carpets, full set of mats, original jack, wheel brace and spare wheel.

£1400 with Arcadia Alloys
£1250 with Cyber Alloys
£1500 for both

Full set of photos available here:
https://imgur.com/a/gyuZTA0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_8596.jpg (280.1 KB, 37 views)

London, UK
Current Car - 1999 T4 V40 Ph1 66k AKA "Heather"
My Previous Car: V40 2.0T 2000 Volvo V40 2.0T (B4204T3)

Last edited by Neil H; Sep 23rd, 2019 at 21:18.
Neil H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2019, 20:03   #2
Neil H
New V40 Owner

Default Sold

Its SOLD

London, UK
Old Sep 24th, 2019, 21:09   #3
clarkey1984
Premier Member

All day I've been thinking do I, do I just buy a t4 that works, shall I do it, in a way I'm glad it's took the temptation away as I already have a broken p2 t4 and a P2 non turbo stop gap car so no room for more, it's a lovely example by the way.
Old Sep 24th, 2019, 21:24   #4
Neil H
New V40 Owner

Thanks Glad to be of service

It actually came from a forum member back in 2014 and I only covered about 10K in it since then, sad to see it go but the ULEZ emissions zone in London meant I needed something newer and went with a BMW
So for now my time in this forum has come to an end.

London, UK