Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wanted: volvo 240 automatic

Views : 881

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 5th, 2014, 15:08   #1
muralis

Default Wanted: volvo 240 automatic

Hello!
I am new member here and I am looking for the volvo 240 (classic car insurance valid). I am planning to drive with that car up to 3000 miles per year but probably even less.

All I need is leather seats, automatic gearbox, no rotten/ rust, MOT, good technical condition. It does not matter if paint is faded out or salon ripped in some places, if body does not required welding, its alright.

I am located Nottinghamshire, so it would be great if car is around this area.

My budget is pretty small, only around £500 I can afford for the car, so I am not sure if for that price I can get any car but I have to try my luck.

p.s. sorry for my English, its my 3rd language, still many grammar mistakes :/
muralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 14:00   #2
Volvorama
Too many cats

Default Maybe

I have a usable D-reg GLT saloon, white. Has an MoT but needs work on steering rack or power steering pump and there's a leak somewhere in the brakes. Will be cheap and I can help with parts. Body has had some welding in the past and is a bit rough but looks ok overall. Engine and gearbox very good.
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 16:25   #3
muralis

How long is MOT? How much would cost to fix all problems? I use to change many parts of my old Mercedes W123 (1982) with diesel engine by using tutorials and advices of MB club members. But I never had another car and here in UK I have no all tools and place to work with cars, Those garage technicians are pretty costly here, so I am just wondering if you know, if it is possible to do some simple replacement things by myself or its needs more specific knowledge to calibrate everything, etc.

How much you are looking for, may I see some pics?
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 13:30   #4
muralis

I just bought Volvo on ebay, so I am not looking for volvo anymore. I will write details later.
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 00:09   #5
muralis

Basically I bought this car, paid 470 GBP

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-19...vip=true&rt=nc

need some bodywork, but actually good car for that price- after 5 hours ride now in my backyard.
The Following User Says Thank You to muralis For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 11:16   #6
AndrewBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralis View Post
Basically I bought this car, paid 470 GBP

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-19...vip=true&rt=nc

need some bodywork, but actually good car for that price- after 5 hours ride now in my backyard.
Congratulations and well done, Keep that lovely 245 on the road, I hope you have many years of fun with it

your English is good what's your first and second language ...so jealous as I only speak one
AndrewBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 00:19   #7
muralis

Thanks! Yes, I am planning to keep it until I will return back to my country, so she will be mine couple more years.
My first language is Latvian and second- Russian. I believe most of my age and older people in Latvia knows those two languages plus third one- English or German. I can understand English almost fluently but my writing is not good at all, it's because I am too lazy to learn grammar rules. When I am talking, I am not thinking about grammar much, I am allowing my intuition to guide me but when I am writing, I am struggling to make even simple sentences properly, it is so annoying. :/

Last edited by muralis; Oct 2nd, 2014 at 00:22.
Old Oct 6th, 2014, 22:40   #8
john h
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralis View Post
Thanks! Yes, I am planning to keep it until I will return back to my country, so she will be mine couple more years.
My first language is Latvian and second- Russian. I believe most of my age and older people in Latvia knows those two languages plus third one- English or German. I can understand English almost fluently but my writing is not good at all, it's because I am too lazy to learn grammar rules. When I am talking, I am not thinking about grammar much, I am allowing my intuition to guide me but when I am writing, I am struggling to make even simple sentences properly, it is so annoying. :/

Your 245 looks great for that price, well done!

And your English is better than many people born here, so don't worry about it!

John

john h is offline   Reply With Quote