Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D4 VEA 'check engine' light / EGR fault thread

Views : 603271

Replies : 2692

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 15th, 2017, 09:23   #1541
craigv60
Master Member

Mine had the 'definitive fix' a few months back, and is now the same as the pics Spaceman posted - a T-piece has been inserted into a hose, secured by new jubilee worm-drive clips, which are easy to spot.
craigv60 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craigv60 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 15th, 2017, 19:00   #1542
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigv60 View Post
Mine had the 'definitive fix' a few months back, and is now the same as the pics Spaceman posted - a T-piece has been inserted into a hose, secured by new jubilee worm-drive clips, which are easy to spot.
It is not the definitive way to tell though because there are 4 different hose arrangements for different models and auto or manual . only two of the 4 versions have the T Piece with hose clips .
The only way which works for all is the one piece Top Radiator hose with NO
T Piece .
Old Mar 15th, 2017, 19:09   #1543
GuidoBrunetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
It is not the definitive way to tell though because there are 4 different hose arrangements for different models and auto or manual . only two of the 4 versions have the T Piece with hose clips .
The only way which works for all is the one piece Top Radiator hose with NO
T Piece .
Now I'm really confused. My car has a T-piece but the dealer says it's the latest fix. So, it could be?
Old Mar 15th, 2017, 19:22   #1544
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoBrunetti View Post
Now I'm really confused. My car has a T-piece but the dealer says it's the latest fix. So, it could be?
On yours yes , but ALL final fixes have a one piece top hose ..

The T piece on 2 versions of the fix is on the Small bore cooler hoses lower down .
So what I'm saying is Always look at the fatter TOP radiator hose which goes from the driver's side of the Radiator to the centre of the engine block , The final fix will have no T Piece half way along like the old version does .
Old Mar 16th, 2017, 09:29   #1545
hobson1

The engine in my XC60 is D5204T3. Am I correct in thinking the Egr issues on here are not the same engine code.
Had an Egr valve and cooler but still comes up with P140700 no flow within a 50 mile drive.
Any one have the same issue with this engine code??

Hobson1
hobson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2017, 10:04   #1546
GuidoBrunetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
On yours yes , but ALL final fixes have a one piece top hose ..

The T piece on 2 versions of the fix is on the Small bore cooler hoses lower down .
So what I'm saying is Always look at the fatter TOP radiator hose which goes from the driver's side of the Radiator to the centre of the engine block , The final fix will have no T Piece half way along like the old version does .
My car has a T-piece in the top hose. Are you saying that this is at least a "good enough" fix for my model and I don't need to try to hassle my dealer (and Volvo)?
Old Mar 16th, 2017, 13:14   #1547
craigv60
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobson1 View Post
The engine in my XC60 is D5204T3. Am I correct in thinking the Egr issues on here are not the same engine code.
Had an Egr valve and cooler but still comes up with P140700 no flow within a 50 mile drive.
That's the older 5-cylinder 2 litre diesel - different kettle of fish
craigv60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2017, 20:46   #1548
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoBrunetti View Post
My car has a T-piece in the top hose. Are you saying that this is at least a "good enough" fix for my model and I don't need to try to hassle my dealer (and Volvo)?
You won't get the full fix until the blocked cooler code comes back , If it ever does , there are still engines running around which have not had any trouble at all .
Old Mar 17th, 2017, 13:46   #1549
hobson1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobson1 View Post

Hobson1
Is it true the boost pressure sensor in the intercooler can cause this fault?

Regards Hobson
hobson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2017, 09:06   #1550
none231

Hi all I'm new to this forum and new in Volvo community, see very helpful treats and posts on this site but need a little advice from experts. I'm planing to buy a Volvo xc60 d4 2014 so a new VEA engine and reading this site it look like Volvo still not found a permanent fix for a EGR problem. Vehicle I'm considering is a 2014 with 65k done so past a warranty now, as far I know the owner has said no any work has been done on this vehicle which worries me a bit as Im afraid that egr issue its gonna land on me after purchase. My question is is it worth buying vehicle like this or should I pass and wait.

Thanks to everyone for a answer.
none231 is offline   Reply With Quote