Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Petrol injectors. A Godsend or a nightmare!

Views : 106151

Replies : 418

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2008, 11:41   #121
jimathan

Hi Doug
you have pm
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 11:57   #122
jimathan

Default injectors for sale

Hello everyone. I now have one more set of these very popular injectors for sale, fully serviced and guaranteed, and ready to go.
£108.00 inc P&P
Regards Jim
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 21:45   #123
jimathan

Default RE-PMs

Hi. several people have asked recently about injector cleaning via the PM system. I have replied to all of you, so if you are still waiting please check your private messages. If for some reason you have not received a reply please contact me again and give me an email address I can reply to
Jim.
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 12:18   #124
jimathan

Hi people.
Hi will be placing another order for injector spares shortly. I still have enough
to do about six or maybe seven sets. This will probably be the last order before Christmas; so if your interested make your self known ASAP then I can get the correct amount.
Jim
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:02   #125
siggi757

Just wrote to recommend this great service Jim is offering.

I had him clean the injectors from my 1994 855 and I must say that the results are great. Jim e-mailed me a report as soon as he finished cleaning the injectors along with some photographs of the process. The report stated uneven flow rates and not so great flow patterns.

After installing the injectors and going for a long test drive I must say that the results speak for themselves. I've read that the fuel management computer takes time adjusting to the new flow rates but first impressions are very positive.

To begin with the car idles more smoothly. At idle the RPM used to fluctuate for some reason but now it is rock steady and the car purrs like a kitten. The exhaust note seems also more constant.

Acceleration is noticably smoother and throttle respons is much more "frisky" for a lack of better word. I never thought a 15 year old brick could feel this "new".

I am also looking forward to see how/if the fuel consumption improves.

All in all a very professional service which I heartily recommend and also very friendly correspondence.

Cheers.
Siggi

Last edited by siggi757; Jan 2nd, 2009 at 02:04. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 16:21   #126
ericbeaumont
ericbeaumont

Jim
Can you give me a price for cleaning the injectors (including new O-rings) on my '93 945 1986cc B200F. Its done 187,000 miles without injector cleaning; occasional erratic idle; not as smooth as once was; new air filter, rotor, distributor cap, plugs, last summer.
I'm in London, and use the car every day for work; what do you reckon the turnaround time might be?
Regards,
Eric.
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 17:40   #127
jimathan

Pm sent
Jim
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 20:24   #128
mattytowel

Question Redex - do you see a difference

I use Redex on my 1990 Jap motorbike, and when I came to service the carbs last year they were mostly clean, where they had not already had jets blocked. I have been using Redex in my (wife's) Volvo 850. Do you see a difference in the injectors you get, or do you not know if the owners have been using fuel additives?

It might be worth asking and determining if such things make a difference to the injectors.

Matthew
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 20:51   #129
jimathan

The last but one set I did had been run on V power/optimax for three years. Overall they did not appear to be as bad as some I have done, but nevertheless the flow rate and spray pattern was still poor compared to the post clean. In addition to this one of the same set was running 10% low and could not be recovered.
I know that additives help break stuff down and keep things clean, but all that crud goes somewhere, and the filter in the injector is the last resting place.
jim
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 23:35   #130
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Took my injectors to Jim today and ive got to say he has blown my mind, the man is a severly dedicated and top class engineer,

Arrived at his house, he welcomed me in along with my wife and two young boys, Thanks to his wife gave us refreshments and coffee and for putting up with my two boys.

Anyway after him checking my injectors you could see the difference in the flow rates, he did this at different rates to simulate highspeed driving and low speed etc etc, he then cleaned them in the ultrasonic bath and reversed flushed after, the results were immediatly obvious with all 5 injectors producing identical flow, I have yet to fit them but just to let you know i have total confidence in him.

If any of you get a chance to visit Jim at home you will be amazed at what he can do, he showed me an engine he is fabricating from scratch I mean making absolutely everything, pistons, crankcase, oil pumps , cams etc etc all from his own workshop with lathes, he has proper equipment including a smelt, the man is a genius,

Thanks again Jim I will be back with my wifes injectors soon, Well done
Closed Thread