Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Leased Vehicle & Volvo On Call

Views : 7649

Replies : 84

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 30th, 2018, 10:47   #61
FooMan
First time Volvo owner

I have just signed the deal to replace my current XC90 next year at the end of it's lease and raised this with the prospective lease brokers and the potential supplying dealer. The lease broker said that Lex are changing their stance in the new year and the dealer said they were aware of Lex's position, but they always connected them anyway
Old Nov 30th, 2018, 12:07   #62
johnboyuk

Well we've had a few emails/calls to both Nationwide and Lex in the last 24hrs and it seems very wishy washy from both sides.

Nationwide told us... (copied from the emails)

'They advised that some new contracts going forward will have a clause in going forward that you can request for this to be set up, this would be in your contract with Lex not ours and its not a definite yet. From what I understand when you set up the incontrol services after 2 or 3 years a subscription becomes payable, customers have been handing the vehicles back and not deactivating it so Lex have been getting subscription bills by the 100s this is why they took the view that they would not allow it to be set up!'

But then Lex told us...

'When I spoke with Lex yesterday they said the clause would be in your contract and so long as it stated we were entitled to activate the on call then they were contractually obliged to provide access.'

Nationwide now want us to get that in writing from Lex and the guy we're dealing with is going to escalate it.

Why on earth is this not clear cut? Beyond frustrating. First world problems I know.
johnboyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2018, 13:37   #63
CoopsSA
Volvo Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainie View Post
we have a salary sacrifice car with Tusker and had no issue. I just contacted the supplying dealer and they activated it, didn't need to go through the leasing company at all.
My company car lease is through Tusker and I've had no issues with the BMW Connected service on my current 5 Series. The service notification just informs Tusker and they then liaise with the driver and repair agent (not main dealers).

I therefore don't foresee any issues with VOC connected services when my V90 arrives very soon.
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 18:48   #64
al dm

Well.... I have just taken delivery of my new XC90 R-Design Pro with Xenium pack and smartphone integration this morning.

Only to discover that I have fallen foul of Lex Leasing's retarded policies.

Nobody brought it up in negotiations for the vehicle that Lex would behave this way.

I have spoken to:

The Leasing Broker who say "not our fault, it's Lex, we'll talk to them but don't hold your breath"

Lex who said "no, we don't allow it". To which I have quoted them exemptions and waiver text from posts above. Also that I am willing to sign waivers for GDPR etc... As it's Friday evening I expect no progress here until Monday, but I do have a call that is meant to returned by the manager of the useless lady I spoke to.

The dealer who basically said "kick up a fuss with Lex and you'll probably get a waiver, but we didn't tell you that". They need an email from Lex to release the PIN code. Subtext of this conversations was "try a local dealer and just ask them to activate it. Don't tell them the car is owned by Lex as they don't need to know" of course, that was never said by anybody.

The car is beautiful and I am falling in love with Pilot Assist. However - it did get delivered with a stone chip to the windshield, so that is getting replaced FOC by the local dealer next week (arranged by the supplying dealer) at which point I shall ask them to just activate VOC if they'd be so kind as for some reason it wasn't done properly....

I'm going to have fun talking to Lex next week though about quite why they refuse to allow activation of critical safety functions such as VoC SOS calls in favour of GDPR. Pretty sure I read somewhere that all new cars either do have to or will have have this type of connectivity function by a certain date. Does anybody know details on that as I am pretty sure if I threaten Lex with my (non-existent) attack solicitor they will grudgingly allow a waiver.

Stupid policy on their behalf. It makes no sense whatsoever.
al dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 20:09   #65
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dm View Post
Well.... I have just taken delivery of my new XC90 R-Design Pro with Xenium pack and smartphone integration this morning.

Only to discover that I have fallen foul of Lex Leasing's retarded policies.

Nobody brought it up in negotiations for the vehicle that Lex would behave this way.

I have spoken to:

The Leasing Broker who say "not our fault, it's Lex, we'll talk to them but don't hold your breath"

Lex who said "no, we don't allow it". To which I have quoted them exemptions and waiver text from posts above. Also that I am willing to sign waivers for GDPR etc... As it's Friday evening I expect no progress here until Monday, but I do have a call that is meant to returned by the manager of the useless lady I spoke to.

The dealer who basically said "kick up a fuss with Lex and you'll probably get a waiver, but we didn't tell you that". They need an email from Lex to release the PIN code. Subtext of this conversations was "try a local dealer and just ask them to activate it. Don't tell them the car is owned by Lex as they don't need to know" of course, that was never said by anybody.

The car is beautiful and I am falling in love with Pilot Assist. However - it did get delivered with a stone chip to the windshield, so that is getting replaced FOC by the local dealer next week (arranged by the supplying dealer) at which point I shall ask them to just activate VOC if they'd be so kind as for some reason it wasn't done properly....

I'm going to have fun talking to Lex next week though about quite why they refuse to allow activation of critical safety functions such as VoC SOS calls in favour of GDPR. Pretty sure I read somewhere that all new cars either do have to or will have have this type of connectivity function by a certain date. Does anybody know details on that as I am pretty sure if I threaten Lex with my (non-existent) attack solicitor they will grudgingly allow a waiver.

Stupid policy on their behalf. It makes no sense whatsoever.
It seems no one has educated LEX yet , VOC and connected services are two separate systems , Volvo have had connected services for about 3 years but they are not nationally connected up to the dealers yet .
VOC is a safety system which connects to the VOC call centre .via a totally independent service .
Old Dec 10th, 2018, 17:46   #66
al dm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
It seems no one has educated LEX yet , VOC and connected services are two separate systems , Volvo have had connected services for about 3 years but they are not nationally connected up to the dealers yet .
VOC is a safety system which connects to the VOC call centre .via a totally independent service .

Well.... I got some good news today. I spoke to a very helpful chap at Lex this morning. He said Lex will be "going live" with connected services in January, but he was happy to send me email authorisation so the dealer could turn on VoC. Which he promptly did.

Unfortunately I left it a bit late in the day to get in touch with the dealer, but my VoC should be activated tomorrow morning.

Happy days!
The Following User Says Thank You to al dm For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 09:23   #67
al dm

Quote:
Well.... I got some good news today. I spoke to a very helpful chap at Lex this morning. He said Lex will be "going live" with connected services in January, but he was happy to send me email authorisation so the dealer could turn on VoC. Which he promptly did.

Unfortunately I left it a bit late in the day to get in touch with the dealer, but my VoC should be activated tomorrow morning.

Happy days!
All done. No issues and good to have VoC. I even started the car remotely and let it defrost and warm up while I had a cup of tea this morning. That was nice!
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 09:33   #68
AB-UK
Premier Member

Quote:
All done. No issues and good to have VoC. I even started the car remotely and let it defrost and warm up while I had a cup of tea this morning. That was nice!
Did this start the engine, or was it just the heater powered by the battery?
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 09:39   #69
al dm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-UK View Post
Did this start the engine, or was it just the heater powered by the battery?
It starts the engine, the heated seats and steering wheel and rear window defrost.

The seats, steering wheel and rear screen are set to automatically come on in the car preferences screen.

As for the heating (or cooling), it targets the last temperature that the car was set to when you parked it.
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 09:44   #70
AB-UK
Premier Member

Nice!
Thanks for the clarification.
Very useful for cars parked on private driveways.
Could be a problem if it was parked on a road or public place though.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote