Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bosch injectors. Engine code: D5244T4

Views : 1098

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 23rd, 2023, 09:07   #1
Titch1958

Default Bosch injectors. Engine code: D5244T4

I’m in the process of replacing the swirl flaps on my s60 D5 185 and after having the injectors tested. I’m in need of injectors 0445110251. and clamp kit if at all possible. Thanks
Titch1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2023, 10:40   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titch1958 View Post
I’m in the process of replacing the swirl flaps on my s60 D5 185 and after having the injectors tested. I’m in need of injectors 0445110251. and clamp kit if at all possible. Thanks
you will need 5 clamp kits and a whole set of pipes too the pipes form to the injector when first tightened and must not be reused.The clamps will never give the same clamping force twice as they deform when fitting first time. this will result in loose injectors after time and could well damage the injector seat in the head.
Old Nov 25th, 2023, 14:12   #3
vickyg

Just had swirl flaps renewed on my 185bhp, horrific bill even using an independent. I bought new injector washers but not the clamps or pipes, they said they remove and replace existing ones all the time without issue. Note I did have to use VIDA to recalibrate the swirl actuator afterwards to clear an EML.
vickyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2023, 14:17   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyg View Post
Just had swirl flaps renewed on my 185bhp, horrific bill even using an independent. I bought new injector washers but not the clamps or pipes, they said they remove and replace existing ones all the time without issue. Note I did have to use VIDA to recalibrate the swirl actuator afterwards to clear an EML.
well lets hope the injectors start blowing before the job warranty is up ! sound like cowboys to be honest
Old Nov 27th, 2023, 09:12   #5
vickyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
well lets hope the injectors start blowing before the job warranty is up ! sound like cowboys to be honest
I've had injectors replaced in a different V70 years ago and non of them blew. I seriously hope not as I'm in debt for a long time on this job. Sadly though the EML is back and fuel economy is worse than before the job. It's not looking good.
vickyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2023, 18:33   #6
P505DEF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyg View Post
I reused pipes on my S80 4 years ago and 70k later with no issue at all when I did the swirls but I did do the washers and clamps
P505DEF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to P505DEF For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 21st, 2023, 13:51   #7
eternal optimist
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P505DEF View Post
I reused pipes on my S80 4 years ago and 70k later with no issue at all when I did the swirls but I did do the washers and clamps
Same here.
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2023, 22:45   #8
olliecampbell

Excuse the thread hi-jacking or newbie question....what year/engine model did the swirlflaps come in with?
Old Dec 26th, 2023, 23:23   #9
eternal optimist
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliecampbell View Post
Excuse the thread hi-jacking or newbie question....what year/engine model did the swirlflaps come in with?
They came in with the E4 engine. E3 have a black engine cover, E4 have a more square edged engine cover with a silver insert on the top of the cover. The changeover was sometime in 2005, just after the facelift.
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eternal optimist For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 27th, 2023, 01:01   #10
olliecampbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal optimist View Post
They came in with the E4 engine. E3 have a black engine cover, E4 have a more square edged engine cover with a silver insert on the top of the cover. The changeover was sometime in 2005, just after the facelift.
Ok thanks. I have a 2005, so just need to figure out if I have the E3 or E4.