Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Adaptive Cruise Control speed increments / Steering feel

Views : 659

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 12th, 2020, 18:08   #1
george57l
George

Default Adaptive Cruise Control speed increments / Steering feel

I've had a 2012 XC70 and a 2011 V70 (both T6, as it happens) both with ACC and in both cases the +/- buttons moved the set speed up/down by 5mph and the 'resume' button added 1mph increments to the set speed. Good system - worked well (esp. when you want to set to a precise km/h speed on the continent).

Now got a 2014 XC70 (also T6) which is a model year early-2015 and the resume button does not appear to increment speed at all, let alone in 1mph increments. Somewhat annoyed if Volvo deliberately removed this useful functionality.

Anyone else experienced this? Is it a fault with my car or perhaps something that was fixed in a later s/w update? (This car has not been to a main dealer for 5+ years.)

Also, compared to the previous two cars, the steering feels weird - it constantly pushes hard back to straight, making it more work to hold it on a bend. Other two cars just went where pointed with no 'push' on the wheel to straighten up, that needed to be resisted on a long bend.

Mind you, two previous cars had Active Chassis and were always set to Sport (XC70 in particular seemed to wallow a bit more in Comfort.). This one does not have Active Chassis, so is this 'normal' or do I need to get steering looked at?

Haven't yet found any other anomalous differences but then I've only driven it for less than an hour since it arrived yesterday.
george57l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2020, 23:44   #2
dhr90

If you press and hold the +/- buttons the. You can change the cruise control speed by 1mph increments
Old Aug 13th, 2020, 02:00   #3
Bashy
Aged Member

For my cars inc V70, resume button does just that, resumes to the exact speed set previously. The plus or minus does 1mph, if that for this old bus anyway, I use it as like a 2nd pedal for inching along but then I am using the CC most of the time be it single or dual roads, but its deffo at the most 1mph increments on tap, or continuous on press and hold.

Yours could be totally different being a new car and as you say, its also "adaptive", just letting you know what mine is like in comparison
Old Aug 14th, 2020, 02:09   #4
apersson850
Premier Member

It's as it should be. Our two XC70, one 2012 and one 2016, are also different.

The new one can go both +/- 5 km/h and +/- 1 km/h. The old one +/- 5 km/h but only + 1 km/h.
apersson850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2020, 11:04   #5
ShadeTek
Premier Member

On my MY2015, a quick pulse of the +/- button will increment in 5MPH jumps, but if you hold the button down it will increment/decrement in 1 MPH jumps.

V70 SE NAV 1.6 D2 2015MY POWERSHIFT, D4162T, 93000miles, RED.
/VOL FCR/PEPER OBD2/Acron 9135 OBD2/L.E.D Flasher/VDASH/ANCEL BA301/Topdon Top Scan
ShadeTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2020, 18:23   #6
george57l
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeTek View Post
On my MY2015, a quick pulse of the +/- button will increment in 5MPH jumps, but if you hold the button down it will increment/decrement in 1 MPH jumps.
Yes - I finally found out it is this. You have to hold the +/- button down and watch the dial to see where to stop holding it when it hits the speed you want.

Which is one of the most utterly dumb things Volvo has ever done. It means I have to take my eyes off the road to increment by 1mph increments, in order to read the dial and stop pressing when I see it has hit the speed I want. Whereas with the old 'resume button does 1mph' method I could stay looking at the road and hit the button two or three times and KNOW what speed I'd just set.

It didn't need 'fixing' but Volvo broke it. Good grief! For a safety-minded car company this is beyond belief.

PS The steering thing was greatly improved after wheel alignment done. Still pulls more to the centre than my V70 or than I recall the last XC70 doing, but not as bad as it was.

Last edited by george57l; Aug 21st, 2020 at 18:44.
george57l is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acc steering