Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Tailgate Water Leak

Views : 1013

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 15th, 2013, 13:03   #1
JamieG172

Default Tailgate Water Leak

Hi,

I have what I thought was a water leak in the V50. It had been raining heavily but I had also just used the rear-washer. I had roller-cover pulled out to hide boot contents, and teh water was sitting on top of that. Upon closer inspection (rub and sniff!) I found it was washer fluid. What do i need to due to cure this? I've seen suggestions from just pushing the washer nozzle back on to replacing the nozzle with a new one (£5) but some people are saying to take interior plastic lining off to assess problem (that is where it's leaking from).

Any advice appreciated! Cheers,
Jamie
Old May 15th, 2013, 15:10   #2
SonyVaio
VOC Member

It all depends what the problem is really, if it is the pipe that has just come off the nozzle then the best thing would be to just pull nozzle off and re-attach pipe.

The problem is if it is not just a simple pipe has come off the nozzle then you will need to strip down to access and assess the issue.

I'd say pull the nozzle off and see if pipe is still attached as it is quick and easy, if that is not the issue then the only option your left with is to strip and find where you have a split pipe or disconnected pipe connector etc...

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SonyVaio For This Useful Post:
Old May 15th, 2013, 17:30   #3
JamieG172

If I pull the nozzle off will the pipe remain in place or fall away into the depths of the car, requiring a full strip down?
Old May 15th, 2013, 22:33   #4
SonyVaio
VOC Member

The pipe has an extra couple of inches on it so if it is attached then it should stay attached. It is possible for the pipe to fall in to the car a little but too far it will be lost and not got back with a little grabber tool.

The nozzle itself stays in position by little clips that splay apart so to take it off you just need to pull the nozzle straight up. Mine came off easy but others have had a little more difficulty. If anything a bone tool may be of use in conjunction with a cloth to push against. Please do not use a screwdriver as no doubt the obvious will happen.

Good luck!

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SonyVaio For This Useful Post: