Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2011 xc60

Views : 2020

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 9th, 2018, 14:05   #11
Burundi

2011 XC60 owner here, when I bought mine I had issues with a leaking steering column (not particularly common) and worn rear bushes (quite common), faulty alarm sensor (no idea if that's common or not, faulty alarm battery is common at this age though, it's apparently a separate battery in the car for the alarm, note the alarm is not the horn, the horn is what goes off when you press the alert button on the keyfob) and a DAB radio that crashed often (software updates fixed that).

Got it from a big new and used nationwide car dealership who eventually replaced the defective parts and paid for Volvo to install all the necessary updates, it was an uphill struggle though.

Now that all those items have been resolved the only issue I have now is low battery warning appearing every so often, usually after a few short journeys, this may be the main battery or the aforementioned alarm battery, I'm not sure yet but since it is 7 years old it could be either.

The car itself is a comfy, easy to drive, quiet at speed, powerful and tows a caravan with ease, the sound system is great and the sat nav slightly more useful than a chocolate teapot but I still fall out with it, but then I fall out with all sat navs at some point or other. It has always got me to where I needed to be but the routes it takes are sometimes strange.

The voice controls for phone and nav are quite good and everything you need is in the right places and logical, the cabin is a very good layout apart from the cup holders which disagree with your elbows when changing gear, not much of an issue on the motorway though.

No touchscreen which is fine by me, I find that a distraction and prefer proper buttons, the screen is also recessed properly and tilted at the right angle to avoid glare which affects quite a few other screens in cars.
Old May 10th, 2018, 22:04   #12
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burundi View Post
2011 XC60 owner here, when I bought mine I had issues with a leaking steering column (not particularly common) and worn rear bushes (quite common), faulty alarm sensor (no idea if that's common or not, faulty alarm battery is common at this age though, it's apparently a separate battery in the car for the alarm, note the alarm is not the horn, the horn is what goes off when you press the alert button on the keyfob) and a DAB radio that crashed often (software updates fixed that).

Got it from a big new and used nationwide car dealership who eventually replaced the defective parts and paid for Volvo to install all the necessary updates, it was an uphill struggle though.

Now that all those items have been resolved the only issue I have now is low battery warning appearing every so often, usually after a few short journeys, this may be the main battery or the aforementioned alarm battery, I'm not sure yet but since it is 7 years old it could be either.

The car itself is a comfy, easy to drive, quiet at speed, powerful and tows a caravan with ease, the sound system is great and the sat nav slightly more useful than a chocolate teapot but I still fall out with it, but then I fall out with all sat navs at some point or other. It has always got me to where I needed to be but the routes it takes are sometimes strange.

The voice controls for phone and nav are quite good and everything you need is in the right places and logical, the cabin is a very good layout apart from the cup holders which disagree with your elbows when changing gear, not much of an issue on the motorway though.

No touchscreen which is fine by me, I find that a distraction and prefer proper buttons, the screen is also recessed properly and tilted at the right angle to avoid glare which affects quite a few other screens in cars.
Low Battery warning is the main car battery & normally it's on it's last legs. Mine started throwing the error at about 6yrs old, dealer ran a battery check & I replaced it before winter.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 12:02   #13
limey2685

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJudge View Post
Low Battery warning is the main car battery & normally it's on it's last legs. Mine started throwing the error at about 6yrs old, dealer ran a battery check & I replaced it before winter.
Hi,2012 XC60 AWD SE Lux driver but issues with the alarm draining the battery.The Battery was replaced 3 weeks ago as it was the original but this one has now gone the same way??!
Any thoughts, its suggested that the interior alarm is draining the system.Weird messages coming up, the bonnet catch is open(not true) and this is after long trips 200miles(work) on several occasions.Mystery??
limey2685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 22:50   #14
koppernob

2010 D5 AWD Owner since new. 70K miles with full service.

Problems. Battery last year, O/S front spring and mount for the MOT today, has had a slight N/S rumble on rough roads for the last 4 years, can't find anything wrong to fix so sent away to wait until it gets worse!. Had wheels refurbed as lacquer started to go around centres and nuts. Rear screen washer makes noises but no fluid comes out, can't be bothered to sort.

Usual wear and tear, tyres, brake pads and a indicator bulb.Replaced Aux belt and tensioner as well as Cambelt.

I get around 400 miles for 60 litres, most of my driving is local with no long distances these days (1800 last year)
koppernob is offline   Reply With Quote