Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Selekt used car event

Views : 3993

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 30th, 2017, 10:30   #1
Capstain411

Default Volvo Selekt used car event

How often these events come up. I have seen a car, but might not have enough time to complete purchase before the event finishes.

Quote:
THE VOLVO SELEKT APPROVED USED EVENT
THUR 26TH TO MON 30TH JANUARY

- 0% APR finance, offering 0% worry on all Volvo Selekt cars
- Plus the option to take a pack of 2 services for only £199*

Offer available on Volvo Selekt used vehicles bought from 26th to 30th January 2017 at participating dealers. Finance subject to status. 50% minimum deposit. Minimum £6,000 balance to finance on conditional sale. 18s or over. Terms & Conditions apply. Guarantees may be required. Volvo Car Credit, RH1 1SR. *Service Plan offer at £199 available on all Volvo Selekt cars under 72 months old. Terms & Conditions apply.
Capstain411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2017, 20:55   #2
Thrustyjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstain411 View Post
How often these events come up. I have seen a car, but might not have enough time to complete purchase before the event finishes.
We bought a Selekt car and I would still get it inspected as our was not as good as hoped , with a broken headlight and worn brakes and an MOT strangely ! Wouldnt have another Selekt, but it does depend on the dealer and the one we used was rubbish.
Thrustyjust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thrustyjust For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 1st, 2017, 13:08   #3
Capstain411

I agree. I dealt with bunch of con men. Might not be generalised, but Selekt programme will not be deal breaker for me. However 0% apr.. interests me.

So far in general, have better service from Lexus dealers.i am also considering Lexus rx450h.
Old Feb 11th, 2017, 07:24   #4
tickedon
Master Member

Quote:
I agree. I dealt with bunch of con men. Might not be generalised, but Selekt programme will not be deal breaker for me. However 0% apr.. interests me.

So far in general, have better service from Lexus dealers.i am also considering Lexus rx450h.
I've never seen any offers for Selekt cars before.

I purchased a Selekt car a few years ago, and have been very happy with it (but car was only a few months old at the time).
Old Feb 11th, 2017, 12:25   #5
andrewpain

Quote:

Have you got fixed up yet?
Old Feb 11th, 2017, 17:51   #6
Capstain411

Thanks Andrew. No still searching.
Old Feb 12th, 2017, 13:21   #7
andrewpain

Quote:
Thanks Andrew. No still searching.
well, I wish you luck. Mine's promised for first week of March, but not on production line yet. There were lots of well-specced cars around when I was thinking of used, just a case of finding the one you want at the right price...
Old Feb 12th, 2017, 13:23   #8
andrewpain

Quote:

read loads of reviews when I started looking, and I thought about the 450H, but most reviews were quite negative. Came down to the XC60 or BMW X3 eventually for me, and the XC60 deal swung it.
Old Feb 12th, 2017, 13:56   #9
Capstain411

Are u worried about drop in value if the new model gets launched.

How long is wait for new orders.

Just out of curiosity, what discount did u get from list price.

Did u go directly through dealer or drivethedeal, carwow etc.
Old Feb 12th, 2017, 19:21   #10
andrewpain

Quote:
Are u worried about drop in value if the new model gets launched.

How long is wait for new orders.

Just out of curiosity, what discount did u get from list price.

Did u go directly through dealer or drivethedeal, carwow etc.
went through the dealer - £4900 discount and another £2500 deposit contribution from volvo for taking 0% HP.
Depreciation is a fact of life - didn't want to wait for the new one, even if the tech will be better, or I'd have bought an X3 with Idrive now. Who knows what the new one will cost?
Managed to get dealer to substitute my spec for one they already had in the speculative/stock order pipeline, so from me agreeing the deal to delivery will be around 7 weeks. So it's registered before April 1st under TODAYS tax regime, not the new one (matters if list price over £40k.)
Means I got all the features I wanted and the colour, rather than something that was in UK already.
You could do a good deal on a new one if it's one you'd be happy with. It's worth talking to a dealer about a deal, because they are keen. Try Andrew Short at Marshall's of Cambidge....by all means mention my name. He might remember!!
good luck, anyway.