Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2004 V70 2.5T SE manual for sale. £1000.

Views : 665

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 4th, 2018, 16:22   #1
redpizza

Default 2004 V70 2.5T SE manual for sale. £1000.

Have to sell my V70 as new V90 coming in at the end of the month - tears & excitement!

Silver, manual gearbox, 143K miles, MOT until 4th July 2018. Based in Hampshire.

First off - it's a much loved car that has a couple of bits of cosmetic damage.

It was hit in the rear 6 months or so ago, and got a couple of cracks in the boot but no structural damage. Car was checked out by a garage afterwards and the reply was "It's a Volvo. It's what is was designed for". Anyway, insurance wrote it off as uneconomical to fix due to its age but I bought it back and it's fine. As I said no structural damage - see photo for picture of cracks.

A few weeks later some unknown car or van scrape its passenger-side rear bumper/panel just behind the wheel arch. See second photo.

Apologies for the dirt on the photos of the car - if it would only stop raining for 5 minutes then I could give it a clean!

Other than that, probably a few little scratches here and there.

ABS Service light comes on seemingly at random, sometimes after 2 or 3 miles, sometime longer, sometimes never! It clears after turning off, and then Engine Emissions light sometimes comes on, until next turn off. I had the same problem a couple of years back and the garage sorted it by replacing the ABS sensors on the rear wheels, so I guess the same needs doing again on the front - sorry I'm not very technical with cars. Anyway I was going to get it done with the service and MOT in July but then a shiney new V90 called to me...

Not entirely sure which of these are standard on the 2.5T SE - I think it may have the Winter Pack added (heated front seats, electric driver seat, headlight washers?) and has the tinted rear windows which are brilliant for the sun if you have kids and/or a labrador (also good against thieves).

Heated electric mirrors
Front & rear electric windows
Climate control
Cruise control
Electric driver`s seat with memory
Lumbar support
Heated front seats
Front fog lights
Headlight washers
Rear Parking sensors
Dark Tinted Windows - Rear Side Windows and Cargo Area

Looking a garage receipts, major stuff done:
Feb 2018 - replaced both front suspension arms & 2 new tyres
July 2017 - replaced rear anti roll bar support bushes, replace centre & rear exhaust sections
Nov 2015 - replaced rear brake calipers, discs & pads
July 2015 - replaced cam belt and tensioner & water pump

I'm sure something must have been done in 2016, but can't find the receipts for that year at the moment!

I've tried to list everything I can think of but please PM me if interested or any further questions.

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V70 rear damage .jpg (262.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg V70 side damage .jpg (158.7 KB, 47 views)
Old Apr 22nd, 2018, 23:47   #2
redpizza

Car now up on eBay at a low low starting price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-2004...sAAOSwzFxa3Fs2