Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo c30 d4 DPF / EGR delete and remap

Views : 1663

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 25th, 2018, 12:11   #1
Dervy

Question Volvo c30 d4 DPF / EGR delete and remap

Has anyone had experience of deleting the dpf and egr off their 5 cylinder diesel engines? What difference did it make?

I'm interested in having a remap by either more bhp or celtic tuning. I'm just curious about the pro's and con's of removing the dpf and egr. I know the dpf will need to be gutted or bypassed but can the egr physically remain on the engine in a dormant state and just be electronically switched off?

Please don't tell me about the legal and ethical sides of removing them! I'm fully aware! I just want to know the above. And if anyone has experience of remapping their cars with more bhp or celtic tuning.
Dervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2018, 12:28   #2
4x4
Premier Member

Instant MOT fail as from May 20th
Volvo 850 GLT website
4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2018, 12:37   #3
FunkyMelon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervy View Post
Please don't tell me about the legal and ethical sides of removing them! I'm fully aware!
Unless you want to spend a fortune having a DPF refitted every year prior to MOT there really is no point to doing this anymore as you will fail and there is no getting around it I'm afraid.

To actually answer your question, yes you can get it removed and remapped (though as above, not sure who will actually do this for you now?) and you will see more power, along with a lot more smoke out the back every time you boot it.
Old Apr 25th, 2018, 13:06   #4
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

I hjd my C30 D3 remapped, as it's a detuned version of the D4 engine, you get the same gains as a D4 so mine went to about 200BHP.

I looked at celtic tuning and Shark as I've had cars done by them in the past, but shark couldn't do it via ODBii loader as my engine was an ECU out job to remap. Celtic and Shark were also quite expensive, in the end I went to a local garage that remapped my Mondeo 3/4 years ago and it cost £195.

At the time the mondeo was done they offered DPF & EGR delete so I had that done and the car ran fine. However last year when the C30 was remapped they'd stopped offering this service as garages were now getting fined if caught, and the new mot rule means it's not just a visual inspection anymore and the car would fail if the DPF/egr was written out of the software.

For what its worth the remap is worth it transformed the car as it was 150bhp as standard, as I've said before the D4 is the same engine so you should be able to get around 200bhp with the remap.

I personnaly wouldn't bother with the dpf/egr removal not worth the hassle and it doesn't give you that much more gain. My mate had his mondeo done the same time as me both 140 standard, his went to 173bhp with no egr/dpf delete, and mine made 181bhp on the same rolling road so not a maasive difference.
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote