Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Parrot MKI 9200 & iPhone - tomtom

Views : 1445

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 20:45   #1
ally

Default Parrot MKI 9200 & iPhone - tomtom

Anyone using tom tom on iPhone with a Parrot MKI9200 at all?

I noticed with mines I can only get voice instructions through the speakers if the iPhone lead is connected & music playing from itunes on the phone, if I pause the music and it then defaults to radio I loose the voice instructions through the speakers.

If the phone lead is not connected I can get voice instructions through the speakers via bluetooth with the radio on, but it's not the best to be honest

So, has anyone else seen this & just wondered if there was a way round it?

Using a Brodit holder with pass through lead and one of those charging passport things if that makes any difference

TIA
ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 18:33   #2
mikealder
VOC Member

I use a similar set up with no issue but I only have power from the car to charge the iPhone through the Brodit holder, the audio is sent to my iO-Play unit via Bluetooth for both handsfree and/ or music and TomTom audio. The iO-Play is similar in spec to the Parrot kit you are using in that it supports both the A2DP and HFP bluetooth protocols.

What is the "Pass through" lead doing as all audio should be routed viua Bluetooth, also can you confirm what iOS the iPhone is running and is Jail Broken as I have seen intermittant bluetooth behaviour using a JB iPhone - Mike
mikealder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 19:21   #3
ally

Hi Mike
I'm not sure what you mean that all audio should be via bluetooth, the parrot kit is hardwired to the car amp via the fibre optic and comes with a lead to connect to the iphone or ipod directly, as well as other devices.
I'm not sure how to stream the music via bluetooth but I think this would reduce sound quality?
The only thing that should be bluetooth for me is the phone calls.
The pass through lead is simply an extension lead, I could have plugged the parrot directly in to the Brodit holder which I might try.
The phone is a new 4s, not jail broken
Thanks again
Ally
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 19:24   #4
mikealder
VOC Member

You need to pair the iPhone with the Parrot using Bluetooth settings, once the audio is using the A2DP bluetooth connection the sound quality will be just as good as a wired connection with no interference issues at all - Mike
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 22:54   #5
ally

Thanks again Mike, I don't want use the iTunes without the lead so I think I will have to live with this for now
The phone is of course paired with the parrot kit via blue tooth but I only use this for calls
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 07:33   #6
mikealder
VOC Member

Try it with the iPhone in your hand not connected to anything by wires just to prove it does work, then decide why you need the wire connecting it to the car - Mike
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 11:56   #7
ally

Thanks again
My reasons for using the cable as follows
It comes with the kit and is designed for it's purpose
I t charges the phone, I don't like cig lighter chargers which are untidy, i had one and it got in the way
If I use Bluetooth, will I have to keep touching the phone to control the music, volume etc, or will the parrot controller still work? The OE stereo doesn't control the ipod or iphone so I use the Parrot controller

That said I will try a few scenarios to see what works
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 23:44   #8
ally

Tried it today with no cable and music quality seemed pretty good using bluetooth, certainly better than I expected, & tomtom worked through speakers both when using ipod & with ipod paused and radio on.
Only downside was that i could not control the music in terms of selecting tracks, playlists etc without touching the phone itself, I could however control the volume using the Parrot controller.
So I know what can work now & it will be mostly handy not to have it connected up with the cable
Thanks again Mike for all the good info & help with this.
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 09:53   #9
mikealder
VOC Member

You should still be able to skip to the next/ previous track using Bluetooth from the control on the Parrot as well as adjusting the volume, as you state though you can't control playlists/ album selection etc - Mike
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 15:30   #10
ally

Tried it today and it does select tracks too, I was in the back yesterday and asked my wife try forwarding a track, she must have had some kind of female malfunction which happens a lot when it comes to cars.