Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V40 antenna connector & cable

Views : 1061

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 8th, 2008, 14:47   #1
earnie

Default V40 antenna connector & cable

Could anyone please help me, my car radio in my 2003 V40 1.9TD was not picking up any radio stations and when I checked the connector it had broken off the cable. I have been advised I need a new connector and short length of cable to connect to the original cable one and I am wondering (before I order buy one) is the 40-VL30 antenna the correct one to buy.

A garage told me I would have to get one from a volvo dealership directly and could cost a lot????

Thanks
earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 12:14   #2
S40_Paul
Master Member

Is your radio the factory fitted double din unit or aftermarket unit? If it's Factory fitted, I'd probably guess it's a dealer trip or ebay steal but if its aftermarket headunit there is a cable for around £10 that will convert the aerial to work with aftermarket headunit's.

S40_Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 23:32   #3
Enigma666
Master Member

Which end are we talking about here? the radio end or the aerial end?
If it is the aerial end then just extend the standard cables on crimps and job done....radio end will be a bit of a bugger to rectify though. The cable will most likely have to come from either a breakers or volvo themselves (never seen them come up on ebay actually) message Rufe @ FRF for a price on a Volvo one
Enigma666 is offline   Reply With Quote