Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Calling CNGBiFuel !

Views : 9630

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 20th, 2016, 12:10   #11
JeKa

Default repair kit for CNG Necam Mega pressure regulator

The above mentioned sites/products are for LPG only..

Reg. John
JeKa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JeKa For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 30th, 2016, 08:38   #12
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Bull****.

A Koltec VG392 is a Koltec VG392 is a Koltec VG392 is a Koltec VG392.

Necam CNG or LPG system is identical, only the high pressure side differs. I am running parts from ex-LPG cars on my CNG car. This because in the UK, that is all I can find. On hte low-pressure side parts are teh same, only the set-up and ECU differs.

I say Bull****.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Oct 30th, 2016 at 08:43.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2016, 21:44   #13
littlejohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
Bull****.

A Koltec VG392 is a Koltec VG392 is a Koltec VG392 is a Koltec VG392.

Necam CNG or LPG system is identical, only the high pressure side differs. I am running parts from ex-LPG cars on my CNG car. This because in the UK, that is all I can find. On hte low-pressure side parts are teh same, only the set-up and ECU differs.

I say Bull****.

Hi CNGBiFuel: It is obvious to me that you have significant and valuable experience of the subject. Earlier this year you helped me by leading me to the solution to my cold starting problem by telling me about the overhaul kits for around £30. You also mentioned that it would be advisable to get a manometer to measure the pressure. I overhauled the unit with the new kit which worked fine for about 6 to 8 weeks, now it's back to it's old tricks of not starting from cold. I'm guessing that the pressure is too high. Can you please give me some info on the manometer it need to buy and where I can get one? Also, as I have now idea where to measure the pressure or indeed what the correct pressure should be is there a publication I can buy that tells me how to do it or perhaps some video on YouTube which runs through it? I have looked for one but have not been able to find anything. As my car is now not starting on cold mornings I'm getting a bit desperate!
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2016, 11:14   #14
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

You need a digital manometer. About £30 on eBay . Must measue down to kPa levels. That is babies kisses for pressure. No mech's vacuum will do. Use on your PCV too.

Mine is this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/w-Dual-LCD...MAAOSwLN5Wijt7

Measure a max of 2-3psi. Much over 5psi f*cks 'em.

I only have the CNG pressure, I do know the LPG differs, lower I think. I know it's pretty critical and that all bemaon it, 'cos the Necam system runs far lower pressure than most gas systems. hence you can't put any old regulator on to replace. If I can find it, I'll look it up.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Nov 2nd, 2016 at 11:34.
Old Nov 2nd, 2016, 23:13   #15
littlejohn

Quote:
You need a digital manometer. About £30 on eBay . Must measue down to kPa levels. That is babies kisses for pressure. No mech's vacuum will do. Use on your PCV too.

Mine is this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/w-Dual-LCD...MAAOSwLN5Wijt7

Measure a max of 2-3psi. Much over 5psi f*cks 'em.

I only have the CNG pressure, I do know the LPG differs, lower I think. I know it's pretty critical and that all bemaon it, 'cos the Necam system runs far lower pressure than most gas systems. hence you can't put any old regulator on to replace. If I can find it, I'll look it up.

Thanks, you're a star! I've ordered the same manometer from eBay. I know I'm going to have to ask where to connect up and how to adjust the pressure (which I'm convinced is much too high.) A picture paints a thousand words if you have any!!
Old Nov 3rd, 2016, 12:20   #16
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

I'm 90% sure I have the LPG number. But I will not guarantee. I do know where I can get the info but hat will takje repeat effort on my part. My interest in these things was only ever piqued because of my obscure use of CNG and hence the car that runs it. LPG was never my 'thing' With so few bits of info and parts I was only ever collecting for my own purposes. This information being so obscure, has taken me a lot of headspace, time and money to collect. I have LPG info by co-opt.

Be aware of this. I will do my best.
Old Nov 11th, 2016, 17:43   #17
littlejohn

Quote:
I'm 90% sure I have the LPG number. But I will not guarantee. I do know where I can get the info but hat will takje repeat effort on my part. My interest in these things was only ever piqued because of my obscure use of CNG and hence the car that runs it. LPG was never my 'thing' With so few bits of info and parts I was only ever collecting for my own purposes. This information being so obscure, has taken me a lot of headspace, time and money to collect. I have LPG info by co-opt.

I'm most grateful to you for the help you have already given me, as I say I think you are a Star! My manometer came last week (the one you recommended), however I cannot see where to connect it up to the system or how to adjust the pressure. I really would like to try to do this myself as I enjoy working on my car which I love to drive. Alternatively I am more than happy to take the car to someone like yourself who has the knowledge and most certainly pay the rate for the job!
Old Nov 12th, 2016, 14:43   #18
littlejohn

Quote:

I am really grateful for all the help and guidance you have so far given to me. The manometer you recommended arrived last week and I am keen to try to use it to both measure and adjust the pressure, however at the moment I'm struggling to see where to connect it up to the system and indeed how to adjust the pressure. Whilst I'm keen to have a go at it myself if necessary I'm also happy to take my car to anyone with the knowledge that you clearly have to set the system up correctly and, of course pay the correct rate for the job!
Old Dec 20th, 2016, 18:55   #19
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Might have egg-on-my-face here.
Not sure if I'm allowed to post in this forum without trader status, and I don't come on here often. 'tis a quiet corner of this forum. There are other gases and with Volvo pioneering these in production cars and the heavy stuff, I see the Idi Admin's have taken to my suggestion that this not be just the 'LPG' section. I've asked if trader status is required under my er, rather limited trading.

I've PM'ed you.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Dec 20th, 2016 at 19:01.
Old Feb 10th, 2017, 03:34   #20
Russki

30 for a manometer!!!!!

If it will help anyone it happens that I have a manual on english.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf manual-koltec-repase.pdf (543.1 KB, 31 views)
Russki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russki For This Useful Post: