Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

RICA iSoftLoader

Views : 20907

Replies : 97

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2010, 13:13   #11
Barnsley-Bill
VOC Member

MTE Maps off don @ Kalmar Union

I've just ran over my BSR PPC after the crap map and crap support and went for a custom map From MTE which is miles apart from the BSR map.

I'd sugest you read about all of them before deciding mate
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 14:39   #12
jimbobsimmonds

will do, anybody got any links or useful comparisons of different maps...

a quick search is revealing a few...
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 17:00   #13
cookie
Lord B on T5D5.org

Maps are minefield, ir depends what you want from car, one for traffic light grand prix, or more driveable/powerful

Auto or Manual?

and how you drive, if you rarely hit red line, then sometimes better suspension, and using the power you have is a better option
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 19:20   #14
t5hull

as they say it's your money so you get what you want to, but do your research into the rica i soft loader, i did and found that the software is differant and not as good as the software you can get that is put directly onto your car at a rica agent, i telephoned several rica agents and each and every one told me that they don't sell many because they are not that good and you DO NOT get any support from rica if it goes wrong, "there words not mine". i had a rica tune done by an agent near to me, he was as genuine as they come and sorted out issues that arose with the rica map in an instant at no extra charge. i wont post his details as i am not his sales man but if you want the best option be prepared to telephone a few agents and get a broad opinion. also as some body has already stated, there are differances between the remaps available and it's important to get the one that suits your driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobsimmonds View Post
hi guys... just bought myself an S60 t5...

am seriously looking at a RICA remap but was wondering if any of you guys have any experience with the RICA iSoftLoader... is it easy to use, how much is the software, whats the performance like..

reason i was thinking of that is because as far as cars go im pretty happy with T5s and chances are my next car will be a T5 (just newer), and my dad is happy enough with the car that he's ditching the beemer to get one himself... so the theory is using the isoftloader i could remap both cars off the same software...

cheers
jimbob

Amazing............
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 19:29   #15
turbo-tuner
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5hull View Post
as they say it's your money so you get what you want to, but do your research into the rica i soft loader, i did and found that the software is differant and not as good as the software you can get that is put directly onto your car at a rica agent
The software you get on the RICA iSoftloader is exactly 100% the same as you get when installed at the RICA agent.
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 19:38   #16
t5hull

mmmm i can name four rica dealers that have told me differant. whoops there bad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo-tuner View Post
The software you get on the RICA iSoftloader is exactly 100% the same as you get when installed at the RICA agent.

Amazing............
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 19:45   #17
turbo-tuner
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5hull View Post
mmmm i can name four rica dealers that have told me differant. whoops there bad!!
Can you tell me which ones please?

Last edited by turbo-tuner; Jul 12th, 2010 at 19:50.
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 19:54   #18
jimbobsimmonds

im rarely red lining it but mid range kick would be what im after... still ike to leap from the lights but most of my racing is done at motorways speeds...

gonna give some people a call after i get home from holiday... the advantage with RICA is that my local at lipscomb is only a 20 minute drive...
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 20:13   #19
t5hull

as not to trash this thread i will pm you if needs must...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo-tuner View Post
Can you tell me which ones please?

Amazing............
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 20:37   #20
Barnsley-Bill
VOC Member

I'd say go to a meet and try ask for a ride in different mapped cars to give you an idea.

I went for a MTE map because they are progresive maps unlike my last BSR chav map which was 20% throtle pedal and 100% ETM.

good for spining the wheels everyware but crap to drive.
Closed Thread