Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Vida dice

Views : 631

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 8th, 2020, 22:12   #1
Dunc56

Default Vida dice

The general consensus seems to be that if you can afford it the best tool for diagnostics is the vida dice.
Does anyone know if there is a version that will run on a Mac computer/iPad/iPhone? I have several options, but they are all Mac!
Dunc56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2020, 22:40   #2
cheshired5
Premier Member

You can create your own virtual machine which will run on a Mac.
I supply a virtual machine with the tested and working Dice/VCX which I sell so you don't have to do anything else.

£100 UK delivered, £115GBP delivered Europe and the rest of the world.
Old Aug 27th, 2020, 15:00   #3
Dunc56

Can you please give me more information about what i would get for this?
Thanks
Dunc56
Old Aug 27th, 2020, 15:33   #4
cheshired5
Premier Member

You get a Dice or VCX tool and the software and instructions to run it on your Mac.
Old Aug 27th, 2020, 15:46   #5
green van man
Premier Member

As a happy customer of cheshired5 you get the Vida software to download onto your PC of choice and a known working dice unit which is the interface between PC and car.

Many of the knock off dice units are faulty from new which leaves owners wondering is it the dice unit or the download that is causing it to not work. Simon takes the hassle out of the purchase by buying a number in, testing to ensure they work and returing the faulty ones.

All Vida dice units available are knock off units. Genuine Volvo ones will cost you £1200 +£2500 annual licence from volvo and they will not sell to owners. I asked.

Your knock off set up will enable fault diagnosis, give you a comprehensive workshop manual and part numbers.
Any reprogramming requires the live link to sweden and the licence so is usually a dealer job.

My experience was a setup that worked out the box once I had the software downloaded to a dedicated windows 7 pro tough book. The wiped PC cost me £80 off ebay and once Vida was installed it has never been connected to the Internet to avoid windows updates buggering things up.
If you go that route there is no need for virtual machines on your Apple equipment and no risk of the Vida program being corrupted by downloads.
My Vida PC is for Vida only and the only reason I have a windows machine is to run Vida. All my other Internet machines are android operating system.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 27th, 2020, 16:09   #6
Stephen2015
S60 D5244T4

Same as greenman say, you can go wrong with Cheshire he also helps when something goes wrong, he can remotely look at your laptop and get you back up and running.
Stephen2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephen2015 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 7th, 2020, 16:22   #7
Dunc56

OK how do I get in touch with cheshired5 I have tried personal messaging, but don’t have enough posts to use that service!
Would seriously like to have the use of the equipment - providing it will work on an ancient MacBook G4 (2005 model) or my iPad (which is only a year old)
Cheers Dunc56
Old Sep 7th, 2020, 17:04   #8
reggit
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunc56 View Post
OK how do I get in touch with cheshired5 I have tried personal messaging, but don’t have enough posts to use that service!
Would seriously like to have the use of the equipment - providing it will work on an ancient MacBook G4 (2005 model) or my iPad (which is only a year old)
Cheers Dunc56
Ask the mods to increase your post count to enable messaging in this thread. https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=99800
Old Sep 7th, 2020, 21:25   #9
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunc56 View Post
Cheers Dunc56
You can post in this thread (linked below) that cheshired5 started & monitors regularly - Ask any questions you may have & he'll get back to you promptly.

cheshired5 is a very helpful member, contributing immensely to this forum over the years. He sells quality working units & offers guidance/ help along the way. He gets my vote too!

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...253191&page=73
Old Sep 7th, 2020, 23:55   #10
cheshired5
Premier Member

Thank you gents, much appreciated.
Pm to Dunc56 now sent.