Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bicester Heritage Sunday Scramble - 1st October

Views : 2567

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 18:03   #1
240T
VOC Member

Default Bicester Heritage Sunday Scramble - 1st October

Just sticking this back up again, I went to the last one a few months ago and aimed to organise a little get-together on a stand but left it too late. Would anyone be interested in going again? I certainly enjoyed it, and the last scramble for at least another 6/7 months. Few 240's (mine and Steve's) were down, plus Ric in his Amazon and another one parked up too.

I encountered the conundrum before - Bicester will not allow a Volvo stand unless it's pre-registered by a VOC official and there's one present on the day. By having a pre-registered club, it halves the ticket price to £4.64 (including online transaction fee). Would anyone be interested in this? Pre-registration for clubs end on the 8th September, but that does mean we're allocated our own space (10+ cars required).

2 months to go I thought I'd drum up some interest...

http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/events/sunday-scramble/

240T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2017, 22:29   #2
240T
VOC Member

Anyone?
Old Aug 21st, 2017, 20:39   #3
RichT4
Sunny Days!

I Love Bicester, and this would have been something i'd have been interested in provided i wasn't busy already.

I think the main issue you will have is that 80% of this forum it seems are northerners
RichT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichT4 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 21st, 2017, 21:51   #4
biggles1957

Talking

Northerners!!!??? As opposed to Southern snobs you mean? I regularly go to Biscester Heritage in either my 1932 Morris Minor, 1961 Morris Minor or Bentley and was thinking of going this time in my Volvo. And yes, I very often wear my tweeds and flat cap! I even have a flat cap (what other kind of headwear is there?) the tweed of which goes rather nicely with the colour scheme of the Bentley.

There really is intelligent life north of Watford you know - and a lot of common sense....which is usually rather elusive south of Watford. Blooming cheeky monkey! I'm a good mind to throw a black pudding at you! Eccy Thump!
biggles1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2017, 21:53   #5
240T
VOC Member

Would be good to get a stand going, but Bicester are anal about who books and who has to be there. VOC representatives, not just anyone, have to book, and have to be present on the day.
Old Sep 1st, 2017, 19:37   #6
240T
VOC Member

Bumping this up. Would be good to see a few more Volvos down.
Old Sep 6th, 2017, 13:57   #7
Peterjohnbull
VOC Member

Default I'll be there

I will be taking my P1800S - provided it moves as I haven't gone near it in a few months now.
Old Sep 6th, 2017, 17:03   #8
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240T View Post
Would be good to get a stand going, but Bicester are anal about who books and who has to be there. VOC representatives, not just anyone, have to book, and have to be present on the day.
And isn't there an age restriction for cars on the stand that would exclude the vast majority of folks on the forum.

If I booked as a private individual I would have to park the C70 in the public car park.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 6th, 2017, 19:59   #9
v8250

Guys, put me down for this...it's my birthday too, so you can all buy me a bacon butty and a mug of tea
v8250 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to v8250 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 7th, 2017, 20:36   #10
240T
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterjohnbull View Post
I will be taking my P1800S - provided it moves as I haven't gone near it in a few months now.
Nice one - hope to see you there, even better if a stand can be secured. VOC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
And isn't there an age restriction for cars on the stand that would exclude the vast majority of folks on the forum.

If I booked as a private individual I would have to park the C70 in the public car park.
Yup, I've asked a few times - I was speaking with a club register official a few months ago about it, can't remember who, but seeing this is one of the best car events in the UK it'd be great to get the VOC on it. Bicester have only gone from strength to strength. The downside is that a club official has to book the stand, and there be an official present on the day too. Until I find someone committed to going who can both book and attend, there wont be a Volvo Stand unfortunately. I've tried in the past to register under say 'Volvo Club' but no, it needs to be an accredited club, and you must be an official to book it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8250 View Post
Guys, put me down for this...it's my birthday too, so you can all buy me a bacon butty and a mug of tea
Excellent - I see you're not far too, convoy? I'll be going A303-A34 up to Bicester so no doubt catch you on the way!

Tim