Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Number plate lights

Views : 1204

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 26th, 2018, 16:49   #11
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antz View Post
Brookhouse charges a fortune fro delivery. Just go into your local dealer and order some from the parts counter.

You'd be amazed what you can get from your local dealer. Where do you think Brookhouse gets it all from????
I routinely find a Volvo dealer cheaper than Brookhouse. I do use Brookhouse for items they have in stock and I want quickly withoout waiting for a back order/Classic Parts from Sweden. But one has to pay Brookhouse's not cheap delivery as Antz says. And the price for Brookhouse is often more than from a dealer.

And I recall that Angie's air mass meter from Brookhouse which gave her trouble and had to be replaced cost a fair bit more than my Volvo air mass meter from a dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytoba View Post
Thanks for the pointer however local dealers are hit and miss, clearly yours works well, mine sticks strictly to the 15 year policy thus making it the worst main dealer for miles losing shed loads of classic owners and local garages alike (its also a Ford and Jaguar dealer).

I stopped using them about 8 years ago when they decided to start this rubbish I was in the queue with three XK140 owners that day, they'd came all the way from Oban to order parts they where seriously miffed but at least they got there cars out for a wee run..

This is why I end up having to use Skandix a lot off the time as luck would have it I normally need what Brookhouse has just sold out of, sods law I guess.

Scott
You have an interesting local dealer. I have encountered some interesting ones too. BUT. I get first class service, prompt delivery and good prices by post and DPD from FRF Volvo dealers parts department at Swansea.

01792 790066 or 01792 784272 - Quoting discount code: C3 so they know it is an "online order" and you get their best price.

They really are more than worth a try.

P.S. With FRF giving really good service and prices, and with other dealers becoming as poor as you describe, we owe it to ourselves to buy from FRF and any similarly good dealers - so they stay in business to serve us well. Some of the stuff they can get for us is not available from third party suppliers.

Last edited by Stephen Edwin; Feb 26th, 2018 at 17:24.
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen Edwin For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 23:41   #12
rustytoba
Master Member

Sounds great thanks.

Scott
rustytoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2018, 20:21   #13
rustytoba
Master Member

As ever the execution may not have been pretty but the desired result was achieved in the end.

A slight difference in colour granted but an illuminated number plate not too bad for £1 and 10 minutes of faffing.

Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0198.jpg (248.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0199.jpg (279.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0200.jpg (169.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0202.jpg (165.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0203.jpg (169.6 KB, 6 views)
rustytoba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rustytoba For This Useful Post: