Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rare Volvos sourced

Views : 2893

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 5th, 2009, 20:17   #11
AidanC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewVolvo View Post
Here's one I helped exporting from Sweden. The car is currently standing (unregged) in Berlin....
What kind of money would be involved for something similar?
AidanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 18:10   #12
tdz840
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky View Post
Hi Having myself worked for Volvo for over 10 years and having grown up with these cars, my father also worked for Volvo for over 35 years, I have learn to love these cars.

Anyhow I moved to Sweden five years ago, Anyone who is interested in rare models Volvos let me know, as I can source the cars here. The cars will be obviously LHD and Swedish registered.

PV
Amazon
ETC.

Please let me know if anyone is looking for something special. see pics too check out examples of whats available.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Hi
If you could look out for a 1800E center console with the LONG cubby hole i would be interested.
Im in Sweden next June as well.
Russ
tdz840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 11:32   #13
austingipsy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222s View Post
Even when they drove on the left, virtually all Swedish cars were LHD.
Not mine, it was built for the swedish domestic market 1964 model year and imported here about 10 years ago, all buttons still in swede speak and its RHD.
austingipsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 12:06   #14
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidanC View Post
What kind of money would be involved for something similar?
The one I helped with cost just over EUR 10K. First class condition. I posted pics of this on the forum a couple of months ago (not to sell, just to show).

A clean, nice example (almost no work to be done) can be found for about £5-10K. One that needs sorting out about £1-4K.

Most of the older ones still about in Sweden are in A1 condition and do cost an arm and a leg. Much higher used car prices in Sweden than in the UK for any Volvo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austingipsy View Post
Not mine, it was built for the swedish domestic market 1964 model year and imported here about 10 years ago, all buttons still in swede speak and its RHD.
"Swede Speak"..... love that! Typ "Blinkers" for Indicators etc?
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 18:50   #15
kishor kassie

Smile Used Classic Volvo Parts in SA

Hi. Just to say that I have tons of 120 series,PV544,144 and some 164 mechanical spares-mostly used to include engine blocks,4 speed gearboxes,clutches,pistons,starters,beadings and badges,crack shafts,prop shafts,and lots of bits. These spares could fill a 3 or 4 containers.These are as a result of running a Volvo restoration workshop for 35 years. These are however located in Durban,South Africa and needs a buyer as I am now located in London. If you have people looking o interested, my number is 078 2887 9494. Still driving my 123GT, PV544 and P1800E here. Ta, Kassie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky View Post
Hi Having myself worked for Volvo for over 10 years and having grown up with these cars, my father also worked for Volvo for over 35 years, I have learn to love these cars.

Anyhow I moved to Sweden five years ago, Anyone who is interested in rare models Volvos let me know, as I can source the cars here. The cars will be obviously LHD and Swedish registered.

PV
Amazon
ETC.

Please let me know if anyone is looking for something special. see pics too check out examples of whats available.

Look forward to hearing from you.
kishor kassie is offline   Reply With Quote