Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1800s air vent grill clips.

Views : 2720

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 13:08   #1
paul staines

Default 1800s air vent grill clips.

I am replacing the air vent grill with an old style Jensen metal grill. The clips do not seem to be available. if any forum member has any, or can advise a safe way to fix it would be of great help.
Many thanks Paul
paul staines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 20:53   #2
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

its on my to-do list i will give one to my m8 in greace and everyone will be able to buy them then , i just have been so busy and amazons come first on my list but i will get to it soon .

in the mean time if anyone has some i can assure you they will be coming up to buy so if paul is in need badly feel free to let him have them and i will replace with new at pauls cost lol

its the teardrop clips that hold the jenson air intake grill down yup

kind regards
robert

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 23:05   #3
paul staines

Thanks. I bought the grill on ebay. It came from Greece. Spent hours rubbing down / filling, before painting. I do have the original alloy grill that i could use until clips become available. Would rather not as the Jenson style one now looks amazing. Regards Paul.
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 23:18   #4
Mr Thirsty

Robert,

If you get your mate to make the clips for this air intake, keep me in mind for a set.

Cheers

Alan
Mr Thirsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 23:25   #5
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Thirsty View Post
Robert,

If you get your mate to make the clips for this air intake, keep me in mind for a set.

Cheers

Alan
i can have a batch sent over to me enough to to ten cars so i have them in stock for those from the forum aswell as him selling them via evilbay 100% it will happen i just have to dig a clip out for a pattern then send it to him for his magic part then bingo were all happy by the way i will get him to use stainless steel so no fear of them rusting anytime soon if a jobs worth doing then must be done right i say

will keep you posted and when there ready i will pop a update in here for all to see .....

kind regards
robert

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 123GT-AMAZON For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 11:02   #6
paul staines

The Ebay seller ( from Greece ) that supplied the grill has suggested fitting
it with the non setting windscreen seal. Sounds a good idea to me !
I was going to fit the original aluminium one until the clips become available.
So glad I do not have to do this as the Jenson one looks fantastic.
Sprayed it graphite grey to match the car.
Regards Paul.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 20:39   #7
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul staines View Post
The Ebay seller ( from Greece ) that supplied the grill has suggested fitting
it with the non setting windscreen seal. Sounds a good idea to me !
I was going to fit the original aluminium one until the clips become available.
So glad I do not have to do this as the Jenson one looks fantastic.
Sprayed it graphite grey to match the car.
Regards Paul.
i have to send some bits very soon within next few weeks so the template clip will go then with the rest of stuff to be reverse engineered and then mass produced if anyone else thinks of stuff thats well in need and could be made let me know all in the name of keeping the cars maintained i do hate it when you need parts to find out there no longer availble looks to me we can have most stuff covered im going to tackle the roof racks aswell very soon its yet another item on my to do list

will keep you updated ...
kind regards
robert

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 123GT-AMAZON For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 1st, 2016, 10:08   #8
tdz840
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123GT-AMAZON View Post
i have to send some bits very soon within next few weeks so the template clip will go then with the rest of stuff to be reverse engineered and then mass produced if anyone else thinks of stuff thats well in need and could be made let me know all in the name of keeping the cars maintained i do hate it when you need parts to find out there no longer availble looks to me we can have most stuff covered im going to tackle the roof racks aswell very soon its yet another item on my to do list

will keep you updated ...
kind regards
robert
Robert
Did these clips get made and is a source now available?
Russ
tdz840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2016, 22:47   #9
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

I did try contacting him earlier this year but with not much luck , i was hoping he would catch up with emails if he was away and awaited his reply i can nudge gerogios again see if i get a reply this time .
I have been on other tasks lately but must make contact again with him hes a handy chap to know even thought it was odd he always gets back to me real quick knowing i do big orders .

BUT also i have a uk based ( local to me ) firm i can have them made so dont panic on a item like that i can get a quick turm around aslong as i give a template they can pattern from that.

Thank you for bring this back to my attention i will follow up on this , if i hear back from him i will post a update on this thread .

Kind regards
Robert.w

Last edited by 123GT-AMAZON; Dec 14th, 2016 at 22:50.
Old Dec 18th, 2016, 14:46   #10
CLIVERALLY
Master Member

pmd you Paul

"Lets turn up the juice and see what shakes loose"
CLIVERALLY is online now   Reply With Quote