Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Momentum Pro vs Inscription Pro seats

Views : 3944

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 15th, 2018, 09:17   #21
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresco85 View Post
I found the easy entry/exit was a waste of time as when you stopped and opened the door it stopped it from working and then went down after you got out which defeats the object of it.
Agree, this is a bit of an annoyance, I don't know why it needs to stop when a door is opened. I still use it though, as at least the car is lower for the wife and kids to get into!

:wq
Old Nov 15th, 2018, 09:49   #22
steve99uk

Quote:
We have the Inscription Pro and find them uncomfortable where the seat extends and are now using a gel seat cushion so I would try and go for a longer test drive to try them.
I have an XC60 Inscription Pro and am finding the seats a little uncomfortable. I didnt really notice until I played around with the seat extension but now - even with no extension - it doesn't feel as good as I want. I'm hoping that as the car is new the seats will 'give' a little over time.

Failing that - what gel seat cushion did are you using?
steve99uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2018, 17:26   #23
Tresco85

We have had ours for nearly a year now and afraid to say they haven't got any better. We did try some thin cushion covers from Amazon but they didn't really help so found some when we were at Costco, the only problem they are about an inch thick and when cold they are hard until they warm up and they also heat up when you put the heated seat on which is good and so far they have more comfortable With them.
Tresco85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2018, 19:12   #24
enrm6

Seats are a tricky beast and I think all new cars should come with some time with a professional giving the driver some help in setting up the driving package. Especially for vehicles with lots of adjustability.

The seat cushion extension gap ‘shouldn’t’ cause discomfort and if it is you may find that you are putting too much pressure on the front of your thighs. This might mean you need to flatten the seat, or lower the seat, so that your lower leg takes more load. It may also mean you need to be closer to the pedals.

Lumbar is also tricky as most people go through life never sitting in a seat that offers appropriate lumbar support for them. Proper lumbar support can feel odd for a time until you get a feel for what is ‘good’. Now I know most people will just say what is comfortable, and there lies the issue, what is comfortable for 10mins, 30 mins, 1 hour isn’t what is comfortable after 3 hours (if anything is comfortable after that time - which is debatable). Even if people have good quality office chairs, they often adopt poor posture, leaning forward etc and not even engaging with the seat back properly. This may also be the case in your car. The amount of people that end up hunched forward, due to bad posture, habit, poorly adjusted steering wheel, seat too high etc. is not insignificant.

Everyone should get someone to take a picture of them in their driving posture before and after a journey so they can critique if they are actually doing what they think they are posturally. Everyone should explore the full range of adjustment of every adjustment before settling on what they like initially. This needs to then be reviewed after doing some longer journeys. I would also advocate storing more than one subtly different driving posture in memory and changing it on longer journeys. The truth is no posture is comfortable for extended periods so best to change it. You do it all the time on the sofa without thinking about it, but you are more constrained in the car, so use the car memory to help you do something similar.

I’ve posted info on setting up your seat a number of times and I’m sure people can find it if required, I don’t want to keep spamming it out there, but if anyone wants it just let me know.
enrm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enrm6 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 15th, 2018, 22:51   #25
macklij
Member since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocamper View Post
Interesting, what problem do you have with the key? I dont like the buttons on the side and cant use them without my reading glasses on so just open it using the little pads on the door handles. Parking brake on my 18 xc90 is fine but does do various safety related tricks if I am not wearing a seatbelt (when I put it away in the garage for instance). I do like the air suspension though. Sounds like you have selected ‘easy access mode’ could you not change this to standard setting if you do not want it to lower as you get in/out?
Thanks.

Exactly as you describe with the key. I don't have keyless though, so the doors don't have pads which means I have to use the key. It's is a fumble - just a feat of style over practicality.
I think the parking brake might be related to the slope on my driveway: sometime enough to trigger parking brake, sometimes not.
Air suspension - sadly not as simple as easy access mode I haven't worked it out.
Old Nov 16th, 2018, 08:41   #26
volvocamper
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macklij View Post
Thanks.

Exactly as you describe with the key. I don't have keyless though, so the doors don't have pads which means I have to use the key. It's is a fumble - just a feat of style over practicality.
I think the parking brake might be related to the slope on my driveway: sometime enough to trigger parking brake, sometimes not.
Air suspension - sadly not as simple as easy access mode I haven't worked it out.
Ah I see the issue re that key now. Not had an issue with the parking brake yet but tbh not come across the issue with a slope - perhaps because i live in flat Norfolk I do use the autohold which i like so only use parking brake when parked.
The easy access suspension i find ok but you do have to be patient with it and allow it to complete its cycle - open the door to get out before it has finished and it will stop and only finish when door closed again. I have sidesteps which look good but do make getting in and out a bit more tricky if car not lowered.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2018, 16:26   #27
AB-UK
Premier Member

Just seen an advert for a 100k miler Momentum for sale.
Have to say the interior looks pretty good. Seats look fine.
Exterior too for that matter.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...o=30000&page=1

The Blond seats on this 93k miler Inscription don't look too bad either :-

AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2019, 18:09   #28
Twickers83

Quote:
We have had ours for nearly a year now and afraid to say they haven't got any better. We did try some thin cushion covers from Amazon but they didn't really help so found some when we were at Costco, the only problem they are about an inch thick and when cold they are hard until they warm up and they also heat up when you put the heated seat on which is good and so far they have more comfortable With them.
Hi,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with the seats.

I am about to pull the trigger on an xc60 inscription pro and I too have noticed the bar near the seat extender which is pretty uncomfortable. I appreciate that I will probably need to have a gel cushion on it at all times and wondered how you were getting on with yours with the cushion? Do you ever feel the bar with the cushions in place? I hope you have been able to find some comfort with the car.

I look forward to hearing back from you in due course and really appreciate any help you may be able to offer.
Twickers83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2019, 18:27   #29
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twickers83 View Post
Hi,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with the seats.

I am about to pull the trigger on an xc60 inscription pro and I too have noticed the bar near the seat extender which is pretty uncomfortable. I appreciate that I will probably need to have a gel cushion on it at all times and wondered how you were getting on with yours with the cushion? Do you ever feel the bar with the cushions in place? I hope you have been able to find some comfort with the car.

I look forward to hearing back from you in due course and really appreciate any help you may be able to offer.
I have now had an XC60 Inscription Pro for early 6 months and soon found that unless you are 6ft high with long legs you just don’t have the “seat extender” in a too extender position.
The Pro seats are so multi adjustable in every which possible way that it does take time to get a position that feels right to your personal body shape.......... but start with the leg extender in the closed position whilst you adjust and you will have no problem.
Old Jan 31st, 2019, 19:04   #30
nu11eaf
Premier Member

[QUOTE=AB-UK;2467908]Just seen an advert for a 100k miler Momentum for sale.
Have to say the interior looks pretty good. Seats look fine.
Exterior too for that matter.

Interesting that this 2016 car has a safety recall outstanding.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote