Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Are cars 'safe as houses', or a false sense of security?

Views : 1618

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 14th, 2018, 13:45   #31
Dippydog
Premier Member

Coming home from shopping earlier I followed a Honda SUV thing,approaching a set of traffic lights[options of straight on or left turn]he entered the left turn filter lane-without indicating-and stopped at the lights,he was first in line with me directly behind.Filter arrow came on and he just sat there playing with something on the dashboard lights went back to red without him having moved left filter arrow came on again and he finally decided he could move A couple of hundred yards further and another set of lights[this time straight on or right turn]and he decided to go right where I was going straight on.Lights were on red so I finished up alongside him and once again he began playing with something on the dashboard,right filter arrow lit and still he sat there until the light for straight on lit up and then he went carving across the front of oncoming cars which by this time could also proceed,there's no wonder cars need all these safety systems The driver must have been in his late 30's/early 40's so no boy racer youth.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2018, 20:27   #32
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJudge View Post
OK I Agree the complete who thought that DRL's are only useful on the front needs shooting.

i overtook a woman on the A46 tonight, driving along in her Civic with only her DRL’s on which mean’t nooooo other lights on the motor. I was almost upon her before I could make out her car in the dark

Another of my pet hates is those people who rely on the safety systems on the car whilst gazing longingly into the satnav screen they've stuck right in their line of vision & ignoring that fact they're sat in the middle lane at 60Mph (I see it a lot) even worse when they have the Satnav on daytime mode when travelling up unlit motorways.

Lane hogging is the worst of ever seen it. It seems now it’s an endorsable crime it seems more drivers seem to be doing it. SATNAV is a wonderful tool but it’s dangerous in the hands of the stupid. Who remembers sitting there studying their A2Z before going on a drive?

Bit of TIC here - whoever gave permission to BMW & Audi to make indicators optional extras. Since Dickheads started driving them

Cars have become far safer over the years but I do think at the expense of common sense for so many people. Too true, the pain for financial gain then gave it a whole new dimension

I kid you not I saw somebody reverse into a wall the other day in a Car, they were clearly looking at the screen on the dash for the reversing camera which either didn't come on or the car didn't even have one. Some people really shouldn't be let loose on the roads. Stupid is incurable
I dispare sometimes when I see some people’s driving skills, did their licence come free with a box of Cornflakes?

TT