Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 T8 remap other than polestar

Views : 1544

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 24th, 2018, 21:57   #1
Daveh1000

Default XC90 T8 remap other than polestar

Has anyone had a remap that’s not polestar ? I have polestar but still seems to be lacking power (maybe torque not enough for such a large vehicle)

I have seen adverts for other remap but not sure if they are any good.

Thanks
Daveh1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2018, 22:23   #2
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveh1000 View Post
Has anyone had a remap that’s not polestar ? I have polestar but still seems to be lacking power (maybe torque not enough for such a large vehicle)

I have seen adverts for other remap but not sure if they are any good.

Thanks

Have you got MY18.5 or before (407hp) or MY19 (390hp)

I’ve not got polestar (which used to result in 421hp I think), but, really, T8 lacking power?? 🙂

I take it you’ve found ‘power mode’?

The brutal shove as it takes off like a scalded cat is pretty good I think and easy betters Germanic 3l v6 and even 4.2 v8 diesel options. You’re probably in Model X ‘p100 ludicrous’ or SQ7 or X5 M territory to get materially better as the electric instant torque makes up for quite a few extra ICE hp

Be interested to hear if you find any options though- happy hunting! (N+ 50, being the optimal BHP / NM, where n is what you currently have!)

Cheers D76

Last edited by Director76; Jun 24th, 2018 at 22:47.
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Director76 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 25th, 2018, 09:38   #3
MaDProFF
Master Member

I doubt many people would go else where with a newish car, as it is covered by warranty, certainly not many manufactures would cover warranty work if they knew or found out the car was remapped, and for that reason I doubt many remapping companies would bother with making a dedicated map for the car.

There is not a Polestar map yet for MY19 anyhow.
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MaDProFF For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 25th, 2018, 12:54   #4
DavidC R

i struggle to get the power down with my Polestar T8 as it is.

don't forget any ICE tuning will only be putting more power through front wheels with rear elec remaining same. torque steer is pretty bad with polestar tune so anymore power through front wheels and i think it would be uncomfortable.

what we need is a booster pack for the elec motors to balance power split better
DavidC R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidC R For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 13:51   #5
Pikkie

I have the Polestar option on mine and in power mode it struggles to put the power down well - I’m finding quite a lot of torque steer under hard acceleration. Can’t complain in terms of acceleration though, it is as quick as my CLK55AMG was.

Last edited by Pikkie; Jul 23rd, 2018 at 13:55.
Pikkie is offline   Reply With Quote