Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help! is this normal?

Views : 672

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 10th, 2019, 20:03   #1
Timothy2

Default Help! is this normal?

Hi all
I really need some help.

I have a Volvo V60 D4 R-design lux (I think), its a 66 plate and I've owned it since it was 6 months old. It was an ex volvo dealers car. It has the premium sound pack fitted harman kardon (Apparently this was a very expensive optional extra )

Now this has never bothered me but ever since I've had the car I've always thought the sound system was very poor, specially as it was supposed to be "upgraded". I played around with the settings and I've found it is impossible to get sound to come out of all 4 speakers (there may actually be more) at the same!

If front speakers are on, the back speakers are off (so no one in the rear can clearly hear the radio). If I turn the back speakers on, the front ones turn off.

Does this sound normal?

I have the sound setting to Surround and the faders are equal, Surely I should get sound coming out of the front and rear speakers?

Does anyone have the premium sound pack on a V60 and does theirs do this?

The dealer said its normal, the car is coming out of warranty shortly so if there is a fault I'd like some ammunition to use to try and get the dealer to fix it.

Thanks All .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190625_210511.jpg (84.6 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 20190625_210533.jpg (83.8 KB, 42 views)
Timothy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2019, 20:28   #2
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Doesn't seem right to me. I had the same system on my previous car, altogether I think there are 12 speakers and a sub woofer (if it was specified). I had mine in the same configuration as in your piccies and sound came from all the speakers. Have you altered anything else?
MikeGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2019, 20:28   #3
jasmith44
jasmith44

Have you tried the balance,that is what sends the sound to front or rear or both.I thought their was about 12 speakers but I don't know about that system.
Old Jul 10th, 2019, 22:19   #4
Timothy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmith44 View Post
Have you tried the balance,that is what sends the sound to front or rear or both.I thought their was about 12 speakers but I don't know about that system.
Yes played around with all of that, I think from memory the balance is left and right and the fader is front and back. If I put it all to the back speakers they work fine, but nothing comes out the front speakers. If I set it the middle then it still only comes out the front speakers (maybe whisper quiet coming out the rear speakers).
Old Jul 10th, 2019, 22:27   #5
jasmith44
jasmith44

I would take it back and tell them you want to see how it is ok.If still no good then ask them to reset all the electrics.
Old Oct 10th, 2019, 20:22   #6
Timothy2

Just a quick update with this in case anyone is interested.

When I took it into the dealer a few months ago they were not sure if it was faulty or not and claimed to be asking Volvo central and they would get back to me. They never got back to me and it totally slipped my mind.

I've just taken it back to the dealer today and we tested my car audio against a similar car from stock and my car was much worse sound quality than a stand spec car. Its booked in next week to have the amplifier replaced
The Following User Says Thank You to Timothy2 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 16:02   #7
scissors

Good to hear that they are doing something about it, although poor that you had to chase. Please report back when done.
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote