Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > ETM Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

ETM Issues Discuss issues regarding the problems with ETMs fitted to Volvo cars.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 (Yreg) T5 ETM Fault

Views : 1958

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 5th, 2010, 23:15   #1
b7yen

Default C70 (Yreg) T5 ETM Fault

Hi I am a newbie to Volvos sorry to be asking for help so soon? Unfortunately need to ask a question, my car has come up with 3 faults p1600, p1608, p0102 and the ETM light has come on, also seems to be running on 3\4 cylinders verry rough.

I have cleaned the throttle bodies but it still runs on 4 very lumpy and unresponsive with a 30/40 mph drive speed. For a while it ran ok with the turbo disconnected. Is there any where i can find the fault codes.

I have changed the throttle pedal with no joy.

Last edited by b7yen; Mar 5th, 2010 at 23:23.
b7yen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 16:16   #2
b7yen

Default C70

Ok I have replaced the ETM unit and the throttle pedal as per Volvo recommendation, Unfortunately the car still seems to be running on 4 cylinders with a max rev of 2-3000.
b7yen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 18:20   #3
mikealder
VOC Member

Where did you get the replacement ETM from and has the car had the software reprogrammed as a result of the ETM change? - Mike
mikealder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 22:46   #4
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by b7yen View Post
Hi I am a newbie to Volvos sorry to be asking for help so soon? Unfortunately need to ask a question, my car has come up with 3 faults p1600, p1608, p0102 and the ETM light has come on, also seems to be running on 3\4 cylinders verry rough.

I have cleaned the throttle bodies but it still runs on 4 very lumpy and unresponsive with a 30/40 mph drive speed. For a while it ran ok with the turbo disconnected. Is there any where i can find the fault codes.

I have changed the throttle pedal with no joy.
have a look at this.
mike
http://www.v70r.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12254