Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 2010 SRS Light SRS-004C

Views : 2348

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 9th, 2017, 17:08   #1
ChrisDownham

Exclamation XC90 2010 SRS Light SRS-004C

Hi,

I purchased a 2010 XC90 (on ebay after red wine ;o() and I was told it had an intermittent SRS Warning light on. Seems not that intermittent as not gone off.

I purchased an iCarSoft multi-system scanner i906 and code was SRS-004C, inflatable curtain (IC), right resistance too high.

I now have no idea what to do next. I am a total novice. I have tried shoving in the wires under the drivers seat but that has done nothing. Looking at the MOT history this light seems to have been on an off a few times during the cars history.

I need to keep any cost to a minimum as just gone bankrupt and got no money (actually downgraded from a 2016 XC90 (amazing) to the 2010 so disappointed to have a light on ;o(

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Chris
ChrisDownham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2017, 17:19   #2
cheshired5
Premier Member

What happens when you try to clear the code with the icarsoft?
Old Jun 24th, 2019, 12:35   #3
ChrisDownham

Apologies for late reply, over 2 years.
When I delete the code it comes back (in about 1 second).
ChrisDownham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2019, 13:20   #4
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDownham View Post
I have tried shoving in the wires under the drivers seat but that has done nothing.
It won't do because the code doesn't relate to that.

See you again in 2 years.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 20:29   #5
ZippyIII

Hi, I have the same problem on my 2005 xc90 what has to be change to sort this. Are those screen shots from Volvo as they are a dam site better on info compared to Volvo Penta
ZippyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 22:19   #6
ZippyIII

Anybody have access to a wiring diagram for the airbag side curtain please, so I can trace the wires
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 08:37   #7
tonygreen1966

Before you try the wiring diagrams etc read this.
I had the SRS warning come on for middle centre seat belt buckle, driver buckle and driver air bag curtain – they were all down to the large connector under the driver’s seat. I’d tried disconnecting/connecting a few times but that never worked and Vida/Dice couldn’t keep the codes cleared. But when I gave the same connector a good old clean with proper connector/contact spray everything cleared and stayed clear. Remember to disconnect battery as per Volvo disconnect procedure to make sure you don’t trigger more fault codes.

As an interesting side story related to this, some SRS warnings will not clear if the SRS module has been ‘compromised’. I had an SRS light on and unfortunately while the light was on my CEM went down(an ongoing problem I had at the time which Lukas at Volvodiagnostics ultimately fixed for me in his excellent 2 day turnaround service) Anyway apparently the CEM and SRS module have some sort of spurious link via the DIM which result in an unclearable SRS code if the CEM goes down/takes a wobbily when an SRS code is logged. I’m sorry that I can’t explain it in a more detailed way – but I’m not a diagnostics guy. All I know is that twice I could not clear the codes after I had the CEM do down and twice I had to buy ‘new’ SRS modules(£30 each time from the luvly juvly breakers, not dealer £500, just make sure you get the exact same part number)- each time on fitting the ‘new’ SRS modules the faults cleared. You’ll be glad to hear that I eventually pulled the finger out and got the CEM fixed – no probs since. Now someone more knowledgeable than me may know why this interaction happens between CEM, DIM and SRS module , they may even know a way to clear faults on a compromised SRS module without having to fit a ‘new’ one – if so pipe up please.

As another piece of advice to anyone with diagnostics/fault code/expensive electronic module issues such as DIM,CEM and other modules here are 2 parts of advice I’d give to make it much easier and much cheaper to diagnose and fix-

1. Buy a pre –tested vida/dice module from Cheshired5- he’s a member on this forum and has posted on this thread. It’s a wee bit more expensive than buying it direct from the internet but the fact you know it works, the links he gives for the required downloads and the very fast ‘aftersales’ support he gives make it a fantastic deal.
2. Any electronic module problems you have consult Lukas at VolvoDiagnostics- he’s a member on this forum also. I’ve saved a couple of grand by getting my CEM and DEM etc fixed by him – and he gives a longer warranty than Volvo give on new parts and he has a really quick turnaround. I think he can refurbish/repair all Volvo modules.
tonygreen1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tonygreen1966 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 09:28   #8
john langrick
Master Member

Agree whole heartedly with the above. I had a 'compromised' SRS module on my old v7o, I was lucky to buy a brand new boxed one with same code on eBay, but a new one has to be programmed by Volvo and that alone cost me about £60 at the time.

Far better than get one from a breakers or the 'bay', but as said, it must be the same part code. If not, the pin layout on the plug will be wrong before you start.

I fully agree in the service Lucasz gives, he fixed my ICM and works just fine.

John l
john langrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2019, 20:57   #9
ZippyIII

Reason why I am looking for SRS wiring diagram is that I've had a mouse in the car eating the wiring, Gear shift cable, hand break switch and reverse sensors all repaired so far. The SRS module is behind the shifter so I need to trace the wiring to the drivers air bag curtain were I have the fault. I have given the plug under seat a check
Old Oct 12th, 2019, 08:22   #10
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Google Volvo XC90 Wiring Diagram, and get a copy
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
right resistance too high, srs-004c, xc90