Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 (2009) Door interior rattle

Views : 587

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 5th, 2018, 11:12   #1
DanDotor

Default XC60 (2009) Door interior rattle

Hello everyone, wasn't sure where to post this but hopefully someone can help. I have a very annoying rattle that sounds like its coming from inside the drivers door. I have removed the door panel and it still happens. It's intermittent and cannot be reproduced with a tone generator and a bass my bass guitar amp turned up very loud in the car. I had a mechanic strip the door and he cannot find anything. It's driving me nuts! Heres a video [YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/P6_ywfYVfv0[/YOUTUBE]
DanDotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2018, 18:50   #2
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Thought about posting in the section for XC60?
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 18:23   #3
DanDotor

Don't seem to be able to find the correct forum, I can only see XC60 2017 and onwards?
DanDotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 07:41   #4
Sotosound
Premier Member

Try the forum named "S60 '10> / V60 '11> / XC60 '08>'17 General"

Also, a long shot but, are you sure that it's coming from that door? There are so many sound reflections in a car that a single person sat in a single position can't always position the source of a sound correctly.

A rattle in my 2009 Mondeo that seemed to me to be coming from the front passenger door turned out to be my sunglasses rattling in their overhead storage compartment behind the rear view mirror.

To my ears the sound was coming from the passenger door but to someone sat in the front passenger seat it certainly wasn't.

Just a long shot, however.....
Sotosound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, rattle, xc60