Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 wiring harness diagram

Views : 1251

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 25th, 2018, 12:17   #1
fanvol

Default V70 wiring harness diagram

could any one pointing me where to find a 2002 v70 wiring harness colour diagram with the connectors location in the car. Ideally a simplified version.
I am installing an aftermarket keyless entry and will need access to constant 12 v , central lock wiring and window , horn and turning light wiring.
A colour code from these and location of these in the car would be very help me not start to opening and chasing unnecessary locations in the the car.
Will try to place new receiver hiden somewhere near driver side.

Last edited by fanvol; Aug 25th, 2018 at 12:19.
fanvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2018, 13:48   #2
harveys
Master Member

This could be fun , I guess the cars canbus system won't like it ,
Old Aug 25th, 2018, 14:07   #3
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanvol View Post
could any one pointing me where to find a 2002 v70 wiring harness colour diagram with the connectors location in the car. Ideally a simplified version.
I am installing an aftermarket keyless entry and will need access to constant 12 v , central lock wiring and window , horn and turning light wiring.
A colour code from these and location of these in the car would be very help me not start to opening and chasing unnecessary locations in the the car.
Will try to place new receiver hiden somewhere near driver side.
Have you tried http://www.volvowiringdiagrams.com/ ?

Be very aware that many devices are controlled on their own circuits from the CEM or REM

Study the wiring diagram long and hard before you cur into anything

And be aware that the standard Volvo alarm is in the REM, so all the wiring you could ever need is in the REM at the back of the car.
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2018, 22:49   #4
fanvol

I am hopping to make the central lock work independently. The alarm siren is not connected in this car. Ideally if I would locate the original Volvo fob receiver I would like to have this disconnected and removed too to avoid any interference or residual current. I am not planing to install an alarm system but just a remote fob receiver which will be using the original Volvo actuators, maybe wire this to the indicators and horn to flash and sound once when I press to open or close the car with fob , that is it.
Maybe I will return here in the future and admit I was naive but in that case I will have learned something and have enjoyed If I manage to get the free time to do this project as I like the challenge. I have no idea about CEM or REM but I am very capable manually and have some basic background in electronics and electrics and IT and have plenty of experience all sort of tools in a variety of applications and I always learn even if takes me a bit longer
However if it is a total waste of time for sure and you are totally convinced for concrete reasons that will not work without generate further issues please let me know.
At the moment my main concern is to start to mess with all plastic cover ,door and dashboard and all sort of cosmetic plastic trims in the car. I really don't like this to mess with all the plastic in this car and would like to leave this to a minimum. Got some hope when you mentioned that all wires are accessible at the back of the car.
Apart from disconnect the original volvo receiver I am not planning to cut any wire in this car at all but using quick splice terminals. Basically if does not work I just remove the connector from the splicers and wires will still be as original.

Last edited by fanvol; Aug 25th, 2018 at 23:06.
Old Aug 26th, 2018, 10:24   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissXC90 View Post
Have you tried http://www.volvowiringdiagrams.com/ ?

Be very aware that many devices are controlled on their own circuits from the CEM or REM

Study the wiring diagram long and hard before you cur into anything

And be aware that the standard Volvo alarm is in the REM, so all the wiring you could ever need is in the REM at the back of the car.
actually there is no "alarm" as such , it's functions are spread around the car modules , but you could say it is controlled by the CEM ...as that is where the alarm data is stored .
Old Aug 26th, 2018, 11:04   #6
fanvol

hmmm...I am not getting very motivated to move into do this project....
Untimmatly I could even tough I wouldn't want to go that far.
I could disconnect all the actuators from the system and wire this direct to the new receiver this will have nothing to do with any of the car network and I don't see how this possibly could go wrong specially if I don't connect the indicators or horn but that would mean to open all the doors and disconnect all the actuator wirings from the car. The only think I would need is permanent 12 volts for the receiver nothing else. As I see this would work completely independent from anything going on in the car. If even that doens't work I would give it up as this car got telekinetic powers

Last edited by fanvol; Aug 26th, 2018 at 11:10.
Old Aug 26th, 2018, 12:07   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanvol View Post
hmmm...I am not getting very motivated to move into do this project....
Untimmatly I could even tough I wouldn't want to go that far.
I could disconnect all the actuators from the system and wire this direct to the new receiver this will have nothing to do with any of the car network and I don't see how this possibly could go wrong specially if I don't connect the indicators or horn but that would mean to open all the doors and disconnect all the actuator wirings from the car. The only think I would need is permanent 12 volts for the receiver nothing else. As I see this would work completely independent from anything going on in the car. If even that doens't work I would give it up as this car got telekinetic powers
The actuators are built into the door locks ,sealed in and you have forgotten about the deadlocks , forget it you are barking right up the wrong tree , just use the key , or get it diagnosed and fixed properly you might be able to get a software which puts the alarm on with the key , ( PN 9499267) this is how it is in some markets .
Old Aug 26th, 2018, 13:02   #8
fanvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
The actuators are built into the door locks ,sealed in and you have forgotten about the deadlocks , forget it you are barking right up the wrong tree , just use the key , or get it diagnosed and fixed properly you might be able to get a software which puts the alarm on with the key , ( PN 9499267) this is how it is in some markets .
ok. thanks for let me know. I will take your advise and put aside this project
Maybe I will try this on my Hyundai witch also needs a fob maybe a easier project. thanks for save me from the waste of time and hassle
Old Aug 26th, 2018, 13:04   #9
fanvol

[QUOTE=Clan;2441473]The actuators are built into the door locks ,sealed in and you have forgotten about the deadlocks , forget it you are barking right up the wrong tree , just use the key , or get it diagnosed and fixed properly you might be able to get a software which puts the alarm on with the key , ( PN 9499267) this is how it is in some markets .[/QUOT
Is this the volvo software needed to programm the new fob at dealer?

Last edited by fanvol; Aug 26th, 2018 at 13:11.
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 12:13   #10
fanvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Just tought to let you know and for future reference here in the forum that this has been done sucessfuly. A bit of research here and there and I found out it is a very simply procedure. In fact took less than 30 min after you know what to do. There is no need to change or cut any original car wires. No one need to spend an obscene price for fobs and have them programmed at least in cars from the same year as mine. Ok. I will not debate that Volvo is higher quality and more secure which is for sure. But I sort my problem with £5.99 rather than £350 pounds from original proprietary volvo.

Last edited by fanvol; Sep 18th, 2018 at 12:17.