Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 R Design styling kit - fit a standard V70??

Views : 3664

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 15th, 2015, 18:28   #21
Timbotambo
Been around a while....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model flyer View Post
Must agree the lower grille surround and the fog lamp surrounds look great and really work against the black bodywork
Ta!! Saville Grey though!
Timbotambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2015, 16:19   #22
Model flyer
Master Member

Ahh sorry about that pics look like black

Previous Volvos 740 GLE . V40 CD ,V70 2.4 SE LPT.V70 D5 P2. V70 D5 Se Lux P3. Current Jaguar XF Sportbrake but still like Volvos
Model flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2015, 16:29   #23
Model flyer
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbotambo View Post
Thanks for that, they have quoted £240 painted and fitted (70 to buy, 70 to paint, 100 to fit) so will see what Volvo want for the same service as can't justify that right now! Not quite brave enough to fit myself!
The preparation and painting is quite easy but time consuming and fitting is easy . The position of the holes you need to drill are already marked on the inside of the tailgate It took me about two hours to fit taking my time . Let us know what Volvo want but warn me first so I can sit down. The spoiler does help keep the rear screen a bit cleaner in wet weather but not much. It does look good and finishes the back end off , if that makes sense.

Previous Volvos 740 GLE . V40 CD ,V70 2.4 SE LPT.V70 D5 P2. V70 D5 Se Lux P3. Current Jaguar XF Sportbrake but still like Volvos
Old Mar 17th, 2015, 14:01   #24
Gattous

Now you need the r-design steering wheel metal inlay and sport pedals
http://vstorenederland.nl/estates/V7...product_id=653
http://vstorenederland.nl/estates/V7...product_id=267

As for the spoiler I'd advise you to go for genuine
Gattous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gattous For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 17th, 2015, 16:19   #25
Timbotambo
Been around a while....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model flyer View Post
The preparation and painting is quite easy but time consuming and fitting is easy . The position of the holes you need to drill are already marked on the inside of the tailgate It took me about two hours to fit taking my time . Let us know what Volvo want but warn me first so I can sit down. The spoiler does help keep the rear screen a bit cleaner in wet weather but not much. It does look good and finishes the back end off , if that makes sense.
About £360 for the part (painted) and just over £40 to fit it. Don't suppose you know if the aftermarket one you did was identical fixings to the genuine Volvo one? Brandonmotorworks think it is a 1.5hr job but it looks to be dead easy with the right kit and know-how ie does the aftermarket one have the studs built in as per the genuine one?? (http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-...-322014-1/2012)

Gattous - no thanks, I love my interior the way it is, just the externals for me!
Old Mar 20th, 2015, 12:23   #26
Model flyer
Master Member

Hi . Yes the fitting is identical to the Genuine Volvo as per the instruction below . Studs are fitted as per genuine . It really is easy to fit but you may need an assistant to help you fit to avoid any scratching of surrounding paint. I used the Volvo technical bulletin/instruction that I found on the web .
http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-...-322014-1/2012 .
Brandon motor works were very helpful with good communications .
Put against an original its really hard to tell the difference but that will be down to the preparation prior to painting.
Good Luck

Last edited by Model flyer; Mar 20th, 2015 at 12:25.
The Following User Says Thank You to Model flyer For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 20th, 2015, 12:34   #27
tt82
Forum Support Team

After seeing pics of your car, I have finally succumbed and bought the lower air intake surround. My car will be paying a visit to Volvo soon to have some bumper damage repaired so I plan on asking the garage to fit it for me then!

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2015, 12:42   #28
Timbotambo
Been around a while....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt82 View Post
After seeing pics of your car, I have finally succumbed and bought the lower air intake surround. My car will be paying a visit to Volvo soon to have some bumper damage repaired so I plan on asking the garage to fit it for me then!
I think Volvo wanted more than the part cost to fit! Though given the choice again I'd get them to fit it (or find someone with a ramp!). Post a pic once done mate
The Following User Says Thank You to Timbotambo For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 20th, 2015, 12:54   #29
tt82
Forum Support Team

Yeah, that why I was sort of hoping as they already had the bumper off/were working on it, it would reduce the labour time!

When messing with plastics, it's generally better to do it on a warm summers day, rather than a cold winter day. I have read the fitting instructions on the Volvo Accesories page and IIRC, it does mention about using some heat to warm up a certain part!

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2015, 21:12   #30
sellxc70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbotambo View Post
Almost finished, just need rear spoiler.....

So far I've :

New 18" Ixiom alloys
Rear tints
Front fog surrounds
Lower air intake surround (PAIN IN THE ARSE TO FIT!!)
Wing mirror covers
Vinyl over grille chrome
R Design badge
New front number plate

Delighted with how it looks, got the car combination I've always wanted and a welcome return back to Volvo ownership after a temporary move to Mazda for 1.5yrs!

http://i60.tinypic.com/300zodl.jpg
Looks good!

Last edited by CTCNetwork; May 29th, 2015 at 04:22. Reason: image removed
sellxc70 is offline   Reply With Quote