Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo hits all time sales high

Views : 2071

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 6th, 2019, 19:54   #21
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy View Post
Hi Mike, I found the process really easy and will definitely be looking at going down the same route again - I like changing my car regularly so this is a good way of doing it for me - the Dealer recommended it after having a PCP deal for the previous XC60.
I have a personal number plate and decided not to transfer it to the car as Santander (Lease Company) charge £50 administration fee to put on and £50 to remove plate 2 months before the end of the lease.
Other than that, I don’t see any real disadvantages for me opting to use this method again.
If you bank with Santander, they offer personal lease deals for Volvos on an 18 month term with no deposit, definitely worth looking at as they use your local Dealer to supply the vehicle.
Thanks for the feedback S_B, seems like something I will definitely have to look into. Good point about Santander, although I don't bank with them my last car and current XC60 is financed through them. Looks like you had a trouble free lease term. I quite like the idea of still being with the local dealership.

With my current car I got a good discount plus some more off the price using the Affinity scheme, but at the moment I don't think the discounts are anything like they used to be.

Think I'll have to get the abacus out.
MikeGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeGMT For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 11:45   #22
anotherv60
Master Member

SMMT Figures out today for 2018. Volvo up 9.1% to 50,319 units sold equating to 2.13% market share.

Overall UK vehicle sales declined by 7% in 2018. Audi down 18%, BMW down 2%, Mercedes down 5%.

Volvo have a similar market share to Honda, MINI and SEAT.
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 11:55   #23
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGMT View Post
Thanks for the feedback S_B, seems like something I will definitely have to look into. Good point about Santander, although I don't bank with them my last car and current XC60 is financed through them. Looks like you had a trouble free lease term. I quite like the idea of still being with the local dealership.

With my current car I got a good discount plus some more off the price using the Affinity scheme, but at the moment I don't think the discounts are anything like they used to be.

Think I'll have to get the abacus out.
Affinity deals better this quarter than last. V90CC particularly good. Take the zero percent finance and get near enough 20 percent off list for a V90CC. XC90 looking more like 14 percent.
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 12:09   #24
anotherv60
Master Member

Smile

Looks like 2018 wasn’t just a sales success in the UK - look at the list of awards Volvo picked up in 2018.

https://www.theautochannel.com/news/...cess-2018.html
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 17:38   #25
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
Affinity deals better this quarter than last. V90CC particularly good. Take the zero percent finance and get near enough 20 percent off list for a V90CC. XC90 looking more like 14 percent.
I have just had an email from my Dealer offering £8637 off a new XC90 Momentum with a £1000 deposit contribution on a PCP deal and £8987 off the R-Design model - haven’t worked out the % discount, but seems around 15%.

These vehicles need to be registered by 31 March, so could be existing stock models and you have be an existing customer of the Dealer in ownership of a Volvo.

Just wondering if this deal is also being offered by other Forum Members Dealers?
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 18:01   #26
Lexman8
Premier Member

Drive The Deal are offering £13k off (pipeline) stock Audi Q7s conditional on taking PCP at 4.9% with delivery before 31 March.

It equates to 23% off lesser-spec and 20% off higher-spec models.

(And no, I'm not starting a discussion about Audis... )
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 21:31   #27
anotherv60
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy View Post
I have just had an email from my Dealer offering £8637 off a new XC90 Momentum with a £1000 deposit contribution on a PCP deal and £8987 off the R-Design model - haven’t worked out the % discount, but seems around 15%.

These vehicles need to be registered by 31 March, so could be existing stock models and you have be an existing customer of the Dealer in ownership of a Volvo.

Just wondering if this deal is also being offered by other Forum Members Dealers?
The Affinity discount is for new factory ordered vehicles before 31st March . The example through the scheme for the Volvo Owners club is £7392 off with the £1000 deposit for an XC90 D5 Momentum, but remember you also get any paint colour free with the affinity discount.

If I have done the maths correct the affinity discount off an R Design XC90 D5 AWD is £9298.96 with metallic paint including the £1000 deposit.

Sometimes you can combine this affinity discount with a volvo loyalty discount, but I haven't seen any of those around this year

The biggest discounts are on the V90CC and the S90. There is also a significant discount on the new V60.
The Following User Says Thank You to anotherv60 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 13:33   #28
anotherv60
Master Member

Interesting article in the times today interviewing the Volvo UK Managing Director, it seems the 50,000 cars Volvo sold in the UK was supply limited not demand limited, they are trying to get enough production slots from Volvo cars corp. for 80,000 vehicles per year, apparently the XC40 has so many back orders they could double sales!