Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

18'' Medusa Alloys

Views : 2009

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 13:35   #1
jaygee
Avid Member

Smile 18'' Medusa Alloys

Hi all,

I keep missing out on them in the sales section. If anyone has 4 x 18'' Medusa Alloys in any condition could you PM me or send me a public message on my profile.

Really want a set now and have missed out on two......

My fault really for not checking everyday.

I would appreciate anyone who could also point me in the right direction to source them apart from this website.
jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 14:16   #2
jhd2000

I keep checking ebay althought they go really quickly. Otherwise you could speak to these guys:

http://www.pxalloys.com/wheels/wheel.php?id=437&type=d

Might be placing an order there myself as the set i'm collecting on monday has one dead wheel but hoping work mechanics can work some magic
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 14:55   #3
jigharha

I have 4 wheels with no scuffing and they are even now finer than when new. They were refurbished by ChipsAway.

These wheels can be very difficult to get in a good state if already used. So you will make a good deal if you make me a good offer to me.

Remember you don't have to refurbish - it’s already done! Refurbishing a wheel will cost you £50 - £60 per wheel. Therefore, you will be saving yourself £200.

A set of scuffed wheels will usually go for £350 - £375.

Please see the attached pictures;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Medusa 1.jpg (336.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Medusa 2.jpg (317.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Madusa 1A.jpg (283.6 KB, 12 views)
jigharha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 12:09   #4
Lee '71

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhd2000 View Post
I keep checking ebay althought they go really quickly. Otherwise you could speak to these guys:

http://www.pxalloys.com/wheels/wheel.php?id=437&type=d

Might be placing an order there myself as the set i'm collecting on monday has one dead wheel but hoping work mechanics can work some magic
Just a little warning about PXWheels.

I used them to replace my old Medusa alloys under their exchange service but the "refurbished" ones they sent me were absolutely sh!t, they looked as though the guy that sprayed them had someone next to him grinding some old rusty piece of metal and all the filings were going all over the wheels and the finish was appalling. When I complained and returned them the owner got very abusive and I had to fight to get a complete refund from him.

Of course it's up to you but definitely a case of buyer beware!!!!
Lee '71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 12:43   #5
jhd2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee '71 View Post
Just a little warning about PXWheels.

I used them to replace my old Medusa alloys under their exchange service but the "refurbished" ones they sent me were absolutely sh!t, they looked as though the guy that sprayed them had someone next to him grinding some old rusty piece of metal and all the filings were going all over the wheels and the finish was appalling. When I complained and returned them the owner got very abusive and I had to fight to get a complete refund from him.

Of course it's up to you but definitely a case of buyer beware!!!!
Thanks Lee, it's very much a last resort anyway not least cos I don't want to be paying nearly double for one than I'm paying for 3!
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 11:22   #6
iandonnadnjess
V.O.C. Member, R-Design

hi ive got a set of four 18" medusas all with scuffing one tyre is nearly new other 3 need replacing ( one wheel had a inside repair and working fine ) im in the barnsley area so you can view them ,,,,, £300 ,,,, cheers
iandonnadnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:05   #7
jaygee
Avid Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandonnadnjess View Post
hi ive got a set of four 18" medusas all with scuffing one tyre is nearly new other 3 need replacing ( one wheel had a inside repair and working fine ) im in the barnsley area so you can view them ,,,,, £300 ,,,, cheers
Thanks for that offer. I have managed to sort a set! Keep you posted on their condition etc....

Looking to get rid of my 17'' 5 spoke's if anyone is interested? Not sure of the style name. Gonna give them a clean tonight and post some pictures.
jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jaygee For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 13:23   #8
jhd2000

Quote:
Would you consider splitting the set?
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 22:23   #9
iandonnadnjess
V.O.C. Member, R-Design

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhd2000 View Post
Would you consider splitting the set?
hi ,, no too much hassle i just need the room in my shed i was going to do them up & put them on my v50 let me know if your interested im putting them up for sale soon
iandonnadnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 22:39   #10
jhd2000

Quote:
hi ,, no too much hassle i just need the room in my shed i was going to do them up & put them on my v50 let me know if your interested im putting them up for sale soon
Thanks for your response, but sorry not interested in the set thanks, I have 3 just looking to add one more ;-)