Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

LPG prices in Ireland

Views : 1869

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 21st, 2008, 01:47   #1
Baffler
Premier Member

Default LPG prices in Ireland

I was passing the filling station that supplies LPG in Limerick today and was taken aback by the fact that LPG is 96c (£0.74) a litre and unleaded is 123.9c (£0.96) a litre. I haven't done the math but it appears that LPG is not as benificial to Irish motorists as it is to the UK user. Maybe the government haven't realised how clean LPG is, which is probably why it's virtually impossible to find a filling station the supplies LPG

Can some one post the average price of LPG in the UK? Did I read somewhere that it's currently 56p?

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 09:19   #2
Fordy

BP have more outlets but charge more, typically 59.9 or 61.9 per litre.
At Shell I've been paying 59.9.
There's a very cheap garage, but too far to be worth going unless I'm passing, that was selling at 52.9 in the summer, now its up to 53.9.
But typically its around 60p in my experience.

Petrol has dropped to 97.9 in the last few days, so the benefit has dropped. For now...
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 11:57   #3
Bernard333
Premier Member

Default lpg

I am in Ireland too and buy diesel at a rate of £0.90 at todays exchange rate or is it ? I dont believe I am getting what I am being charged for either here or in England or anywhere else I drive such as France and in Italy have been ripped off so many times they virtually try to mug you at the filling station when they see foreign plates . I buy Calor gas in bottles from a filling station and carefully weighed the last two bottles which stated a net weight of 34kG of gas . I have so far weighed two full cylinders and taken off the 33.4 kg for an empty tank which I averaged over four empty tanks and the result is 31.4kG which is 7.6% less than I am being charged for . I purchased this gas from filling stations so I have the same concerns that maybe I get the same deal on diesel and checking you are getting the right amount of lpg for a car would be the hardest thing to do and therefore more easily fiddled with . This would be serious allegation to make against filling stations and I want to make sure my figures are right by at least checking another cylinder before I take it further . Is there a body similar to customs and excise or trading standards in Ireland that go and do spot checks on garages ?
Bernard333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 03:50   #4
James_N
VOC Member

Its around 56p here, but theres a few local farm places doing it for 48/49p for cash