Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

123GT Headrest on TradEra

Views : 1091

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 29th, 2014, 21:14   #1
Noslho

Default 123GT Headrest on TradEra

Hi,

I don't use it but enjoy looking at some of the Amazon items up for auction on the Tradera site and noticed a set of 123GT headrests on offer. I am no expert but I believe these are quite rare? Thought some of you might be interested?

Link to item:- http://www.tradera.com/item/343636/2...-volvo-amazon-

Cheers

Gary
Noslho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2014, 21:29   #2
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noslho View Post
Hi,

I don't use it but enjoy looking at some of the Amazon items up for auction on the Tradera site and noticed a set of 123GT headrests on offer. I am no expert but I believe these are quite rare? Thought some of you might be interested?

Link to item:- http://www.tradera.com/item/343636/2...-volvo-amazon-

Cheers

Gary
Hi Ya

123GT AMAZONS Dont have headrests they only come out in later amazons like 131 models so its misleading that they have listed them like that becareful dont get sucked in

kind regards
robert

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2014, 22:02   #3
Noslho

Thanks Robert,

I am happy with what I have spent the last few days fighting to get retro fitted atop of my seats so not personally interested by these, even if I could understand the website advert! Good that you were able to clarify what these actually are to prevent others from being misguided.

Cheers
Old Nov 29th, 2014, 22:28   #4
222s
Amazoniste

To add to what Robert says, those are Volvo accessory headrests. The other style of accessory headrests was the more commonly seen flatter, wider type that were also later factory fitted to the final Amazons. The backrests which have headrest fittings will accept either type. For more info, see these links:

http://volvoamazonpictures.se/guides...o%20Amazon.pdf

http://www.sw-em.com/headrest_upgrading_notes.htm

Incidentally, I consider the type in the advert (linked to in the first post) be vastly superior to the later, factory fitted ones in terms of both ergonomics and comfort. I found the later style to be pretty useless, as they sat far too far behind the head, whereas these ones not only sit further forward, so are right behind the head, but the fore and aft fit is also adjustable by rotating the whole unit. However, aside from a specially built 1800 in Volvo's museum, I have only ever seen this style in black - does anyone know if they were available in other colours too?

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 222s For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 29th, 2014, 22:52   #5
Noslho

Thanks for further info 222.

I did use Ron Kwas's guide when retro fitting my own headrest however these were the flat style versions. Agree with your comments about distance of these from back of head but offers some protection I suppose.

I had only seen the rounded headrests in Ron's piece and those on Tradera so can't comment on availability of other colours but would it be possible to dye/colour to correct shade as required? - if originality is not too much of an issue.

Regards
Old Nov 29th, 2014, 22:54   #6
ANDREWNT

Quote:

even if I could understand the website advert!

Cheers
If you are ever looking on Tradera or European ebay sites (which can be a useful source of rare parts) you can activate Google Translate which is free and automatically translates Swedish/German/etc into English.

Cheers

Andrew
ANDREWNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2014, 22:57   #7
Noslho

Thanks Andrew.

How do I activate Goggle translate? Seen several useful parts but have never been able to easily understand advert or site so this would be useful.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Regards
Old Nov 29th, 2014, 23:22   #8
222s
Amazoniste

Quote:
I had only seen the rounded headrests in Ron's piece and those on Tradera so can't comment on availability of other colours but would it be possible to dye/colour to correct shade as required? - if originality is not too much of an issue.
Apologies - I should have been clearer. What I was intending to add was that as I think they were only available in black, then there probably isn't much point trying to find a set in another colour.

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.

Last edited by 222s; Nov 29th, 2014 at 23:25.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 222s For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 29th, 2014, 23:58   #9
Derek UK
VOC Member

Quote:
Thanks Andrew.

How do I activate Goggle translate? Seen several useful parts but have never been able to easily understand advert or site so this would be useful.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Regards
Depending on your PC and software, the usual easy way is just to right click on the page and you should get an option to "Translate with Bing". If it doesn't automatically find the language you need, click on the box after English or Auto-Detect in the left hand "From" box and select what you think it is from the drop down.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2014, 12:00   #10
Noslho

Thanks Derek,

I had been trying on my IPad so I guess I will have to dust off the PC before visiting this site.

Cheers