Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

On call and suspension service required

Views : 2368

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 14th, 2019, 16:40   #1
yourtheguy

Default On call and suspension service required

Only had my XC60 D5 PP Inscrision pro a few weeks now, but when driving back from buying it, it said on call serice required then half way home suspension service required.
Well i thought when the on call bit was set up this message would disapear but no.
Suspension message did disapear untill i got in touch with the local dealer.
I have got a date to take it in for the work to be done, i was asked do i need a replacement car while mines in, i said now i'll go into town and wander around to which i'm told it will take 2 days, so what the hell are they going to do?
yourtheguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2019, 16:52   #2
nu11eaf
Premier Member

I wonder how they worked out how long it will take to fix the car without even knowing what the cause of the problem is yet.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2019, 16:56   #3
LordLucan

Could it be a known issue (but not an actual recall) and now that the car is back 'on line' they ha e had the opportunity to instruct the owner to have it repaired?
Old Feb 14th, 2019, 17:08   #4
yourtheguy

I was wondering if it was a known issue too, i did see something in another post about a recall on the rear suspension.
We'll see what happens.
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 17:19   #5
yourtheguy

well here we go into local dealer for third time in 6 months, been told it needs a second compressor for the suspension and last time it had VCM module for the on call £1500.
On call coming on again, just needs a software update they say, but we'll see.
Not very happy over 50k for a car and nothing but problems.
Plus when you ask for a curtesy car like yours with a towbar and big enough for the mutt, oh sorry nothing with a towbar and we don't allow dogs in them either.:ang ry_smile:

Last edited by yourtheguy; Aug 5th, 2019 at 17:20. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 17:40   #6
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourtheguy View Post
well here we go into local dealer for third time in 6 months, been told it needs a second compressor for the suspension and last time it had VCM module for the on call £1500.
On call coming on again, just needs a software update they say, but we'll see.
Not very happy over 50k for a car and nothing but problems.
Plus when you ask for a curtesy car like yours with a towbar and big enough for the mutt, oh sorry nothing with a towbar and we don't allow dogs in them either.:ang ry_smile:
I would contact Volvo UK customer services and explain your problems and ask them if they can supply a like for like car with a towbar, Land rover did this for my Son when his new Discovery HSE was delayed and his car tax ran out at end of the month, he did not want to tax his old Discovery for the sake of a few weeks. And he had already booked a trip away in his caravan.
They supplied a new Disco sport with newly fitted towbar for him to use until his proper Discovery HSE arrived.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 20:38   #7
yourtheguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
I would contact Volvo UK customer services and explain your problems and ask them if they can supply a like for like car with a towbar, Land rover did this for my Son when his new Discovery HSE was delayed and his car tax ran out at end of the month, he did not want to tax his old Discovery for the sake of a few weeks. And he had already booked a trip away in his caravan.
They supplied a new Disco sport with newly fitted towbar for him to use until his proper Discovery HSE arrived.
I did think about going down that route, but it has not caused me any major problem this time.
But i am seriously looking at what i can do should these problems keep coming up i.e. legal as the car is not fit for purpose, on call is meant to be a safety thing but it keeps playing up.
So far they have replaced the GPS areial, a VCM module and now telling me that it's a software issue.
This fault is coming and going, the sat nav. has not gone or lost it's connection with the volvo on call database so i dont't think it's software.
Watch this space i'm sure that i'll be writing again.
I would say that this the most unreliable car i've had in 39 years of motoring(and i've had some right sheds) plus 2 previous volvo's without any major problems.
Old Aug 6th, 2019, 00:39   #8
M16AMG

Default voc

My s90 went into today for the voc service required message , was in for 1.5hrs
came back all sorted . new software installed & app now works on Phone .
Modern cars are mainly software issues , a friend of mine is writing off a 10 year Merc ML due to computer issues . The garage want to change bits till it sorts it ,but doesn't know wish it is ,car only worth 5k at most .
M16AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2019, 15:03   #9
yourtheguy

This is the third time it's gone in for VOC to be sorted, they have done a software update so we'll see if that sorts it, but i'm not convinced as the problem was coming and going which software dosen't generaly do.
As for the compressor it seems that the first replacement was done as there was a recall on them, but they replaced like for like not with the modified unit.
Old Aug 7th, 2019, 18:20   #10
Roosterb

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16AMG View Post
Modern cars are mainly software issues , a friend of mine is writing off a 10 year Merc ML due to computer issues.
Can’t agree with this. Whilst I’ve had various software issues, that wasn’t the cause of 2 powerpulse hoses and compressor to fail, nor the intercooler pipes to get blocked. I doubt the plastic manifold melting is software related either.