Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Polestar optimization for a XC60 D4

Views : 5186

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 17th, 2019, 17:22   #21
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post
Hi Can you tell me how do i add a signature?
No worries, it's pretty easy once you know how.
Follow the below steps:
1. Click on words "User CP" towards the Top Left of this page.
2. This then brings up a column on the Left headed at the top "Your Control Panel"
3. In the 3rd Section down called "Settings & Options" click on "Edit Signature"
4. Type away with relevant info to help forum members to help you, then Preview and Save your new signature.
Job Done
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 17:34   #22
jonnyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Thank you for the above mpg data, but unless we know what car/engine you have are driving we cannot comment on your posting - perhaps trying adding a signature to your forum ID to save you from having to type it in every single time.

I would be really pleased with your mpg data with my engine.
Well that info was really on the title of the topic. Polestar optimisation for a XC60 D4. I can say additionally that is the automatic version AWD.
jonnyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 17:36   #23
Zebster
Upstanding Member

I struggle to get my head around the fact that Volvo tweak the software on a standard car to render it sub-optimal, then charge a hefty wedge to return it back to being optimal!
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 17:38   #24
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyu View Post
Well that info was really on the title of the topic. Polestar optimisation for a XC60 D4. I can say additionally that is the automatic version AWD.
Might be useful in other threads?

Last edited by Zebster; Jan 17th, 2019 at 17:40.
Zebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 17:43   #25
jonnyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebster View Post
Might be useful in other threads?
True, true
jonnyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 23:30   #26
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebster View Post
I struggle to get my head around the fact that Volvo tweak the software on a standard car to render it sub-optimal, then charge a hefty wedge to return it back to being optimal!
"Optimal" is just a marketing word. In reality they are just different states of tune that may suit different drivers and moods and circumstances. Which is why it really should just be another alternative driving mode fitted as standard and driver selectable, the same as the others.

Charging hundreds of Pounds extra for this and CarPlay/android-auto is just a scam to gouge more money from you and I. It is almost all profit for Volvo and their dealers.
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 23:53   #27
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
Charging hundreds of Pounds extra for this and CarPlay/android-auto is just a scam to gouge more money from you and I. It is almost all profit for Volvo and their dealers.
Beg to differ here.
When Polestar was initially setup it was as a totally separate trading Ltd company whose main purpose was to run a set of Volvo Super Touring cars in various European race series. But as running racing cars is always pretty good at consuming vast sums of cash, the only method Polestar “Ltd” could fund the gap in their sponsorship model team (Volvo Cars supplied Cars FOC) was to develop a revenue stream from using their software development engineers to produce a saleable drivetrain optimism program that Volvo Cars could approve and sell via their dealerships.

Admittedly the accounting side has changed in the last year as Volvo Cars have brought the Optimisation Software back in-house, but it is still to provide funding to go racing with .......... and off course promote sporty cars.....!!!
Old Jan 18th, 2019, 00:14   #28
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Beg to differ here.
When Polestar was initially setup it was as a totally separate trading Ltd company whose main purpose was to run a set of Volvo Super Touring cars in various European race series. But as running racing cars is always pretty good at consuming vast sums of cash, the only method Polestar “Ltd” could fund the gap in their sponsorship model team (Volvo Cars supplied Cars FOC) was to develop a revenue stream from using their software development engineers to produce a saleable drivetrain optimism program that Volvo Cars could approve and sell via their dealerships.

Admittedly the accounting side has changed in the last year as Volvo Cars have brought the Optimisation Software back in-house, but it is still to provide funding to go racing with .......... and off course promote sporty cars.....!!!
So where you differ is only really in that you know where the profit is actually spent. Or where it used to be spent when it was more than a software option. Hmm.
Old Jan 19th, 2019, 00:26   #29
J30 YAP

Only bought it because I hated The transmission’s hesitation. It actually did improve the performance and calibration of the transmission. Never notice any difference in power performance though as its so tiny.
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 09:47   #30
XC60 MKD

Hi there @VOLVOL0VER, i have xc60 2.4 5 cyl. awd with 181ps, i have seen your post about polestar-ing your car and i loved the Quote: "Life is too short and if we don't once in a while satisfy our small desires and spoil ourselves with something we care"

I just wanted to ask if you have the 6 speed auto? And if it feels better after polestar or no improvement in the gearbox?

Tnx

Last edited by XC60 MKD; Feb 12th, 2019 at 09:51.
XC60 MKD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XC60 MKD For This Useful Post: