Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Whos on here are on Coilovers?

Views : 2233

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 18th, 2020, 20:28   #11
Carl19692

What other options are out there? I am a little uneasy at having a suspension set up that cost more than I paid for the car
Carl19692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2020, 21:37   #12
Cookeh
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl19692 View Post
What other options are out there? I am a little uneasy at having a suspension set up that cost more than I paid for the car
BCs at about £800 if you're set on coilovers. Sub-£1000 or so (even £1500) any good strut/spring setup will be at the least comparable with coilovers though - only advantage to coilovers at the lower end of the price spectrum is the controllable ride height. Beneath this price point there aren't a great deal of options available coilover wise for the 850s.
Old Jun 18th, 2020, 23:21   #13
Carl19692

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookeh View Post
BCs at about £800 if you're set on coilovers. Sub-£1000 or so (even £1500) any good strut/spring setup will be at the least comparable with coilovers though - only advantage to coilovers at the lower end of the price spectrum is the controllable ride height. Beneath this price point there aren't a great deal of options available coilover wise for the 850s.

Thank you.

I dont think I want to go much lower than 30% ish as I am planning to move up to 17" wheels from my 15" ones.

Last edited by Carl19692; Jun 18th, 2020 at 23:39.
Carl19692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 22:06   #14
Mkengineering
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acme View Post
Saloon or estate?
Estate. Just waiting on my kw to come in. Install them and get the geo all set up correctly.

Been slacking with my car lately. Still need to install my 18g turbo and stand alone Ecu
Mkengineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mkengineering For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 22:14   #15
Mkengineering
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl19692 View Post
It all depends on what you want out of your car really. If your car is just your daily where you taking on spirited drives, then simple uprated shocks and springs will do.

as Cook mentioned you'll be looking to spend above £800+ with Bc Racing depending on your set up you want. But I am assuming you're not really after anything like that.

So if you just want your car to sit lower than springs but don't want to cough up that much, look into the ebays own maxspeedingRods Coilovers. They aren't all too bad. Many people might put their nose up on this, however, if you're on a budget then this is perfect.

To give you an idea on how much i spent so far on suspension mods was jsut over £1700 that's including Poly Bushes as well
Old Jun 20th, 2020, 11:01   #16
Acme

I have to admit to have had a couple of sets of the cheapo ebay coilovers before on old BMW 36's. There's the same snobbery with them in BMW circles but tbh for the money you can't go wrong. I had them on two cars and never had an issue, I just made sure I greased the coils when fitting to ensure they didn't seize. They were OK round the Nürburgring too.

I think one set was JOMs actually, but the same cheap stuff.
Acme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Acme For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 20th, 2020, 16:30   #17
Diego67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkengineering View Post
My Bc Racing Coilovers arent too bad. But im looking at the KW v3 Myself. Just want more adjustibilty
Sent you a pm !
Diego67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2020, 21:51   #18
Mkengineering
Master Member

Alright guys.

I'm getting alot of intrest on my bc racing coilovers.

They arent off the car yet. But once they are off I'd like to get £675

I paid well over £1k for them.

They are a little harsh for the roads due to the springs rates.12kg on front and 10kg on rear.

Been on the car for about 5 months. Hasnt let me down when blasting through the ring track. Made the car feel planted through the corners.

Any more intrest let me know guys l